1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Suspension issue solved !!!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by huskydude59, Jul 5, 2011.

1. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Fellas, only turned the big 4 0 this year but l'm pretty much on the same wavelength... l CHOOSE to ride at 70-80% of what l can/could ride because all that 'l'm faster than you mate' has left my system since l realised that l'm not a 20yo anymore and injuries take longer to heal - fast straight and sweepers at 4th or 5th gear band doesn't interest me these day's but have a bet on who can get up the gnarliest hill, we're on!!!

Lets face it, and to you Gen Y's, when l was riding in late 80's and 90's, l didn't have forums to bounce ideas and knowledge so you had learn by trial and error but the best advise l can give to the younger generation (even some old foge's), don't be scared to pull things down and have a go at bike maintenance and setup as there is so much information out there but the key is to understand why.....when you head down some unknown goat track and the bike breaks down, at least one rider should have a clue???

As a Gen Xer... it's all about fun and enjoyment now - don't race the clock just race yourself.
  2. Arctra Husqvarna
    AA Class

Got my suspension done this weekend and specifically looked out for the fork oil to see how it looked. To my surprise it looked nice and clear and flowed very well. So my issues must have been with the valving.
  3. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    Changed my oil on the weekend in my KYB's. Old oil looked about 10-15 wt and I replaced with 5wt after flushing them out. Will have to wait and see how they go?
  4. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Robertk61....will make a world of difference!!!
  5. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    And what a difference it made!! Now working how it should, nice and plush. I put 5wt in with a 120mm air gap, WOW what a difference.
  6. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

hay rob
    did you find when you put the new oil in that you had to change your clicker settings ...did you find that you could go in a few clicks on reb and comp.....what did you end up with???????

note...when i opened up my 2011 310 std kyb forks i found that the stock air gap was set at 90mm and 10w oil maybe this is why it seems a bit harsh to sum this is why 130mm to 120mm oil air gap is a more plush feel to sum
  7. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    I set the clickers to the middle (I think 15 clicks on both rebound and comp), only did 15km yesterday as someones bike shit itself and didn't have a chance to play with the settings, but the difference was immediately noticeable.
  8. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    What are you guys using to flush the forks?
  9. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    I just used petrol and let them drain thoroughly.
  10. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    To flush them properly you should pull the whole lot apart, blow them down, reassemble and fill.
    OR
    Use metho or ATF, pump the forks and then flush them like that a few times (with ATF you don't need to let dry)...l wouldn't recommend petrol as the seals can perish.