SWM RUMOUR SPY MILL 2018...

Discussion in 'Husqvarna Cousins - Cagiva, etc' started by huskydude59, May 7, 2017.

1. huskydude59 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Has anyone got any rumours or spy pics for the 2018 release..I'm getting anxious again...
    shawbagga likes this.
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Nope...hehe
  3. cyclopathic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    off Facebook:
  4. huskydude59 Husqvarna
    AA Class

So..How is the SWM RUMOUR mill going... My RS500 is almost due for update....
  5. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If swm does a two stroke....I would be stoked...
    SmokeyExpress, shawbagga and gaz like this.
  6. SmokeyExpress Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300, 1996 WR360,2013 WR125
    Yes! Give us a two stroke!
    They would have a huge advantage here in Oz if they offered a 2 stroke for a similar price to what the RS300 is!

I wold buy one tomorrow if they made one!

I wonder if they still have the rights to the 2t stuff & the patterns? Did KTM keep all that stuff or did Gas Gas buy it from KTM??
    fletchman45 likes this.
  7. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    If they offered the 250/300 for around $8K & 125/150 around $7K I reckon I'd buy another!
    Chisler, gaz and SmokeyExpress like this.
  8. SmokeyExpress Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yep! Totally agree! I'd be ringing a dealer tomorrow!
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
  10. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I've been following SWM, too, with high hopes. My '09 TE450 was a "great" motorcycle, except for 3 things that kept it from being even "good" as a dual sport:
    1. 1.9 gallon tank (too small for dual sport)
    2. Same ratios as the motocrosser (too close for dual sport)
    3. Mikuni EFI limited to iBeat and too many flame-outs.

If SWM fixes those things it will be a bike on par with the current stuff. If not, then it's a has been.
  11. gaz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    There must be a reason for no 250/300 2 strokes. SWM needs to explain why. But good on them for offering a quality euro dirt bike as an affordable option in todays cut throat market.
  12. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    I'd say they are concentrating where the market isn't flowed
  13. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Plus no current 250 engine
  14. SmokeyExpress Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I suspect that Gas Gas bought the patents for the 2t husky engines from KTM! Which would mean that Torrot owns the designs for the 125, the 250/300 & possibly even the old 360 two stroke donks.

https://transmoto.com.au/ktm-sells-italian-husqvarna-engine-technology-gas-gas/

How SWM is making the older red head engines I do not know?? Maybe someone else can shed light on this? Did they buy back the rights & patters from GG???

I will still wait in hope that SWM will buy back & resurrect the older 2t engines! Some of the best 2t engines I have ever ridden! Put an e-start on them & they would sell like hot cakes!
    They sold well here in Oz when they were Husky's!
    fletchman45 likes this.
  15. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    To me it was outdated before it would be real outdated
    fletchman45 likes this.
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    SWM has stated that they are going to have a new 125 2T bike but it is entirely new and very modern. Now we can guess about that .... FI and Oil injection would be my guess for a start. They have even mentioned that they have no red husky 2T stuff at all.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  17. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That's what I read. They are in clay mock up only...however it sounds like completely new and will work hard to speed production.... (We will see how long that takes) I guess on a reality check the truth is the old trusty overbuilt 250-300 really was heavy and dated design with no electric start and no hydraulic clutch either...same with the beloved 125-144 platform...the reality is the new 17 husqvarnas whether 125 or 250-300 are a massive improvement in every aspect....I'm over chapter two and without chapter three the name would be dead...however let's be real...I kind of think I will one day see a swm in my garage......the importer I havnt made up my mind if its a good thing or bad...didn't do much for Tm in my opinion and there is some other things I.could say but I'll let go...regardless 9000$ bikes are killing the sport and we need and alternative.... Beta xtrainer is in the hunt but should be 6999 tops....the big swm along the bike looks awesome!!, can't wait to see more of there stuff!
  18. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This is a good question....my thoughts two stroke tooling gone...factory set up for red head.production... Patent out...no body cares ...Chinese copy engines all the time...KTM is probably laughing or made a deal that they have to supply parts for the red stepchild bikes they want you to forget...I'd like to know to...or who knows the gas gas thing was and April fools joke...they wished gas gas would use the motor so they could try to be nice and provide parts for ten years like they are supposed to but in reality can't really be forced to...
  19. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I thought the Italian Husky 125/144 motor was really good. In fact, my 2012 WR144 had no real flaws to mention, but I sold it to make the move to hydraulic clutch and E-start. Realizing there's a heated debate over this, it's just what I want on MY bike. Apparently, a lot of other buyers want it, too.

I'd think it very easy to adapt a hydraulic clutch to that platform from a design POV, and seems the required new cases would be fast and inexpensive compared to a whole new engine. The current trend to E-start underneath might also fit that platform, but what do I know (rhetorical!).

Anybody know the weights of the newest KTM 125/150 engine compared to the Italian?

SWM using the old thumper makes a lot of sense. Pretty much everyone I've encountered who's actually owned that motor thought it was good looking, easy to work on, and bullet proof. A Keeper, as they say.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  20. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    The Honda XLR, Kawi KLR, and Suzuki DR motors are ancient designs, but they keep making them and keep selling them. These bikes have a market. We're keeping up with the SWM and will be ready to provide upgrade parts and services just like we continue to do for the big block Husky bikes.