SWM RUMOUR SPY MILL 2018...

Discussion in 'Husqvarna Cousins - Cagiva, etc' started by huskydude59, May 7, 2017.

1. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I like the old husky 125-144 platform as well...but it had been tweaked over the years and really was to a point where it needed a rehab...I'm sure the KTM based husqvarna produces significant more power along with better tunability and lighter weight... However the swm platform being a more affordable bike really could have used this platform...my fastest times ever were in 2011 with a husky 144....never over 20th overall and a best of 12th overall at a very very tough muddy Mora Mn enduro..so I'm very fond of those bikes except for seat height..
    robertaccio likes this.
  2. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I.do know a 2017 tc 125 weighs 195 pounds ready to.ride no gas... (Air fork explains almost four pounds) and a last generation husky 125 Cr app 204 pounds ready to ride no fuel...so close I guess
  3. SmokeyExpress Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300, 1996 WR360,2013 WR125
    Yes the older Husky 2t motors are heavier. I will grant people that. BUT, with this slight increase in weight you get a significant increase in strength with translates to real world reliability. In addition to that, (in regards to the 125 platform) having a little bit of extra material & larger bearing lend itself well to larger capacity engine builds! Don't believe me? Go ask Mr WallyBean about it!

Sometimes you can go too light & too small.

Remember when KTM first brought out their 150 kit??

Anyway, that's a bit of a tangent!

Back on topic, does anyone have any info or link regarding the new SWM 125????
    rancher1 and Oldscool like this.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Not alot but direct word on FB from them is that the SWM 125 is an all new in house design 125, which makes 100% sense with all the new regulations in place, along with the speed at which one can design and implement anything new.
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  5. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    SWM has informed SWM Motorcycles USA that the IT-Husky 2Ts were abandoned by BMW, resulting in several of the outside vendors closing and those parts are no longer available to build from. They are working towards having a 250 4T MX bike and a new design 125(144?) 2T that would share the same lightweight chassis. Much of the design work is internal and collaborative with an outside engineering/r&d company. The Shineray company that owns 90% of the SWM stock is very much interested in competition bikes, but they know that they will have to be up to date and forward looking at every level before they come to market.

As far as the current SWM engines go, they are not based on the BMW era "red-head" engines, but rather on the last 2010 IT-Husky version that Ampelio Macchi (now 10% owner of SWM) designed. New versions of all products are always being conceptualized and r&d-ed, but no time frame has ever been projected to market. SWM as well as all of the other Euro manufacturers has to spend enormous money and time to bring all of their products up to the new ridiculous Euro4 specs, which then led to delays in r&d of the potential new bikes.

The SWM RS500R "Enduro/Dual Sport" bike is currently undergoing the DOT durability test of 9000mi (15000km) on a dyno, as of now it is a little more than 1/2 way to the end. We have not received any other bikes from SWM for testing at this time. SWM is fully in charge of the compliance testing for USA import and we can only wait it out. The RS650SD "adventure bike" is supposed to be coming over for testing in the next couple of weeks, but if it is not shipped prior to August 15th, SWM shuts down for the 2 week "holiday" and then it will be pushed back to September. No date for the RS300s has ever been disclosed, we think because SWM wants to see how and what it takes to pass all of the tests.

If we get the RS500RS thru the DOT test by the end of August, we would expect delivery of that version in late October 2017 to the USA.

Note: Every version of any bike must undergo EPA/DOT/CARB compliance testing even if the changes are just wheel sizes and gearing. It's a real pile of paperwork and expense.

Everyone is asking about pricing. So here is a ball park guesstimate if we had them today to sell. We will not ever have firm pricing until they are landed.

RS300R Hi $6K
    RS500R Low $7K
    SM500R Hi $7K
    RS650R discontinued
    RS650X 21/18 Mid $8K
    RS650 T 19/17 loaded, Mid $9K
    RS125R not on the import list yet.......pretty much all destined for Europe..for beginner licensing
    All 440s not on the import list yet......Compliance testing cost vs. import price too high to consider at this time

Update as of 8/3/17 by Ralph Flanagan, "East Coast Ralph"
    robertaccio and cyclopathic like this.
  6. cyclopathic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Are RS650R discontinued altogether or just won't be imported to US. Did they have issues with Euro4 compliance (emissions, ABS, etc).

Not that I particularly care as 650X makes more sense with factory skid plate/guards and bigger tank, as a travel bike.

Also would the rack be available as an option for 650X? thx
  7. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Apparently there is so much demand for the RS65SD platforms (X&T) that they are concentrating all of their production on them and are not producing the Enduro/Dual Sport version. All RS650SD accessories (bags, racks, windscreens) will be shipped separate from the bikes (lower duty tax?) for dealer installation. We guess that they are all adaptable to each version. Detailed info from SWM's sales division on inquiries seems to get "lost in the translation"'. The person that does the SWM IT facebook page often provides better info, so if you are on FB use the send a message feature on their page and you will get a prompt answer.
    cyclopathic likes this.
  8. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Just read a FB update from SWM USA. Your patience is about to pay off on the 500.
  9. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I have a 500 and a 630, the 300 is what I crave. :cheers:
  10. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic/Ducati SFV2
    The Enduro 500 may be a nice compliment to my '13 310 being rebuilt by Ty. Love the ergos of the Eyetalian and the price is right.
    Kam1 likes this.
  11. Miezie666 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2x YZ 125, 1x YZ250 2005, XT600 2KF
    i had both as huskys - the the 310 (converted 2004 250) and a 2007 510- i hated the 510 for the power- it was way to much for single track hard enduro- its a great bike with a superior engine when u can go wide open (desert/supermoto) but just too much for me as a novice
    Johnrg likes this.
  12. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    It does have a familiar feel in the cockpit.
  13. cyclopathic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630

I looked at 500 but close ratio tranny is definitely a deterrent. As DS it would be struggling on pavement especially in places with 75/80/85 MPH speed limit. At least 500 EXC-F has wide ratio.

What are the oil change/maintenance intervals on RS500R?
  14. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Not a DS bike but a great bush weapon.
    Johnrg likes this.
  15. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Sorry for those who love 2T engines, but I have heard that beyond 2020 all 2T engines will be forbidden… at least in "first world" due to environmental regulations. So it wouldn´t make sense that SWM invest one single euro in a two stroke bike.

And I don't think that Euro 4 specs are "ridiculous". Sorry but everything counts if we want to have a cleaner and greener world...
  16. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    Service intervals are every 2000km, after the initial 500km service. (500km, 2500km, 4500km, etc)
  17. Miezie666 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2x YZ 125, 1x YZ250 2005, XT600 2KF
    if they invest their money in a 2stroke efi like ktms tpi it might work out...
    SmokeyExpress and gaz like this.
  18. cyclopathic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630

So I asked them on FB why they offering plastic Trekkers on what is essentially a dualsport they basically answered "because"

Does it mean that SuperDual isn't reliable enough to be used for long trips? is it just a road bike with weekend off-road option? Not intended for multi-day on/off-road trips?
  19. cyclopathic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    weekend ds bike? too bad :(
  20. SmokeyExpress Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300, 1996 WR360,2013 WR125
    I agree,

There is still a very strong demand for these engine in offroad racing & riding. Besides, you can get them pretty clean anyway.