TC250 in Mar Dirt Rider MX 250 shootout

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Jan 25, 2012.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Good idea but they have also declared that they are pretty much a 4t company ....
  2. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I think the japs are where detroit was in the '70's, they are building what they want to build and they expect everyone to buy it. It has been working, but they have pretty much lost the trail rider- offroad racer segment and now KTM is sneaking into the mx world and you have Husky and Gas- Gas sniffing around.
    We all know what happened in Detroit.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Totally agree water racer. I'm frankly shocked that one of them doesn't come out with a new 2-stroke woods bike at least. I honestly think the euro bikes are better built and more durable but know they could compete if they wanted to. I'm happy with GG and Husky myself. I would be even happier if Husky would step up with a new 2-stroke line up themselves....this is where I would put the pic of the guy beating the dead horse.....in the glass house.....
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    you guys are on the beat the dead horse band wagon! Im with ya, IMHO the only real Husky racers are the 125 2T and 250/310 4T packages. Hope to see real open class 4T and mid-open 2T packages in the race bike categories.
  5. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    The rags are never going to slam a bike made by a major advertiser. Husky doesn't advertise much, Husky comes in last.

HP is great and all, but would you buy a street bike just based on HP? You might get a Hyabusa instead of something that can actually handle... I could care less about the HP unless it's notably lacking.

I've never ridden the TC250, so I can't speak about it's abilities myself. I think Husqvarna NA needs to do a demo day at Hollister Hills like KTM is doing this weekend (and does every year).
  6. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Most people buy what they want , not what someone says to buy
    bud7041 likes this.
  7. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

It looks like Kawi has dropped the KLX450R, which only had good suspension & nothing else. Suzuki was forced to drop the RMX450Z, which was one of the more pathetic attempts at building an offroad bike in the last 20 years. It was the dirtbike version of the Nova bodied junkpot Cadillacs GM used to try and sell in the late 70's-early 80's.
    At the rate Suzuki is going, they'll be forced to stop selling the bread & butter DRZ400 if they don't start taking the market seriously.
    Hondas CRF-X line has been stagnant for over 6 years & Yamaha has only made a few minor updates to the WR's. The XR650L is so archaic it's not even funny, but it is reliable if nothing else......
    I used to be all Honda in my teens(the 80's), but now won't even look at them.
  8. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I disagree to a certain extent. I fell for the whining kid routine despite my best instincts and bought the '11 Kawi because Cody read good things about it in mags and talked me into it. That, and I was so heavily pissed off at Husky for the late '11 model year intro and wanted to stick my middle finger up to Husky management. After 5 months of owning and racing the Kawi, we both learned a good lesson and hopped back on Husky.
  9. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    No, most people buy what is for sell that the mainstream has been buying until new and better things are discovered. Detroit kept pumping out obsolete, inefficient iron until ironically the japanese started building more reliable efficient cars.
    Not saying they are not building excellent mx bikes, but it is a narrow product line and it is kind of like take it or leave it. Well, many in the offroad world have left it and are buying KTM, Husqvarna, Gas Gas, Beta. KTM has now won a 450 SX and last week got there first arenacross win.
    Change is blowing in the wind...
    GP
  10. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

There you go. you bought what you wanted because you were pissed , sold and bought what you wanted.
  11. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    I agree, other than Yamaha rebuilding the 450WR to more YZ specs, the 250 needs a whole revamp. The DRZ was cool as hell 10 years ago but is getting to be quite the joke as of late. To me theirs no doubt Yamaha is a respectable company who makes effort in their line-ups though.
  12. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Obviously, you missed that part about buying the Kawi based on magazines. :rolleyes:
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yeah they gave the Kaw 250F 1st place again that makes 3 years in a row now. I just re-read the 250 shootout and they didn't bother "tweeking" the Husky FI as they did the others they spent their time trying to get the suspension sorted. All I can say is man those Green bikes must be FAST! Now where can I get mine LOL. Rode my 2010 TC250 today and that is one sweet handling bike!
  14. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I saw this article last night. They said the Husky is a pain to start. Should Keihin fuel injection not take care of this? Is this something that could be corrected with proper tuning? I have never considered a 4 stroke because I don't like the weight, but the MX models are light and if they start they would work in the woods. I normally don't like 4 strokes but I loved the 2011 TC250 I rode. It got me thinking that maybe a 2011 or 2012 would be a nice bike to have.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Mark, I loved the TCi250 as well and thought it kick started very EZ. Been riding Adams TE310 with JD tuner and love it at the Burn. feels kinda 125 light and WAY more motor. Fun stuff.
  16. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    I think you should look at my 2010...

It starts great, its close, and cheap...

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/2010-tc250-injury-forces-sale-3400.23024/

Let me know if you want to take it for a test ride.

Later,
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  18. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am really used to a small bore 2 stroke and do not generally like 4 strokes so I probably have weird taste. But I did not like the TXC310. I rode it about a mile and turned around. The TC250 felt a lot lighter side-to-side through the sand as did your 2010 TC. On the 2011 I liked how the power was real smooth and it would just rev forever. It felt as light as my 150 and actually seemed to be a lot less work to ride, at least through sandy ruts.
    I wonder if the 2012 is as smooth or if they went for more of a “hit” which the magazines seem to want?
  19. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looks nice but I am just thinking about bikes right now. My wife may finally be getting a new job and if she does I might pick up a second bike. I was thinking of something with a little more power and the TC250 is all Husky has that I like. It handles great, and just like my 150, so it would be a good choice. I usually like 2 strokes more but I do not want the current WR250. I will also be considering a TM or Gasgas 250 smoker as a second bike as well.
    jmetteer likes this.
  20. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    As a wr125 rider, I can recommend a tc250 as a second bike. I did it for the same reason, light as possible and simple. They are not foolproof to start, but manageable. wr125 is very care free and fun, but I think you will find yourself a little faster and clearing more obstacles easier on the tc250.
    GP