TE 310 Fork Seals

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by scarey, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Rusty Nuts Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE310
    just noticed my right fork seal has started to leak ,450k on clock .Have removed boot to see whether crap had got in side and found it clean as .Anyway have given the seal the feeler guage treatment to see whether this will help.
  2. macwood Husqvarna
    B Class

rusty nuts if you get a chance take wheel out and push and pull forwards and back on fork at axle end to see how much movement in fork bushes. My left has a lot and always leaks but right has very little and doesn't leak, re my above comments for thoughts on matter.
  3. macwood Husqvarna
    B Class

Hi all, I did the above mentioned fork modification (machine and resleeve where the lower bushing sits and replace bushes ) this took out the play in forks and now the new double lip seal can seal and does . for more info read more detailed explanation in previous post.
  4. jimmyc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 TXC449, 09 SM610, WR250, plated
    Other Motorcycles:
    18YZ250X GS1200 busa duc900SS GG
    I have a new leftover wr250 with 50mm shivers and about 25 hrs . Last week one fork was leaking pretty good. tried the 35mm film and still leaked , but AFTER the next woods ride it stopped , so I guess it was a piece of dirt , well at least i'm not alone in this situation
  5. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Same with me Knock on wood. Mine have ALL been Great!!