TE 450 Bogging and leaning out- it will only tick over now.

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Tetley, Oct 21, 2013.

1. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG

E8213 is the Carquest number, just ask for a fuel pump for a 2006 Toyota Camry and ask the parts guy if his screen lists a bunch of other Toyotas that the pump fits. Should be alot.

This one has been in for a couple thousand miles, working real good.
  2. pvmx510tc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450, Gp360, 3 510 twin shockers
    Other Motorcycles:
    VStrom, Maico,Monark,Bultaco, Norton
    Awsome, thanks & have some great holidays!
  3. Tetley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just come back from 3 days hard trail and Enduro riding in Wales, and the bike didn't miss a beat, problem solved and tested. It's just me that's totally battered!:D
  4. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    GREAT news, congrats on the solution and the ride!

So, to repeat for clarity, your problem was solved by cleaning the tiny screen in the fuel injector. I think I am gonna check mine this week!
  5. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Awesome! Good to hear it's working. I'll add that to my list of things to look at now.
  6. Christos13 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 250
    hello my friends
    I hane a te 450 08 and always in low rpm when i accelerate it goes 'baff" and shuts down i have checked the fuel pump ant it is all right
    I dont habe an i beat so it is difficult for me to find the peroblem
    i was wondering if a tuner will help
    Also I want to put a map switch but I want first to find a solution with injection
    Can anyone help me ?
  7. Tetley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi, when you say it goes Baff and shuts down, do you mean a 'cough stall'? This can be caused by a weak mixture and / or a weak or erratic spark. Has the bike got a 'power up kit' fitted?
    When you say you have checked the pump, exactly what have you checked?
    Things to check without I-beat are - wiring rub throughs and shorts, corroded pugs and sockets, corroded ground connections, bad spark plug and HT lead, pump pressure, filter in injector, resistance of coolant temperature sensor, bad fuel / water in tank etc........
  8. husky510 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM510R
    Hey man, I noticed your post about cleaning out the inlet filter of your husqy's injector. I was wondering if you're able to take the inlet filter out of the injector hole or did you cleaned it by 'prying' it with a small screwdriver? I'm experiencing the same symptoms as you had earlier.. Any help or advice would be awesome. Thanks!
  9. Tetley Husqvarna
    AA Class

No, the filter doesn't come out. I cleaned it by very careful scraping with a tiny screwdriver, and repeated jiggling around in a bowl of fuel to remove the debris. In my case it was very easy, and the filter 'looked' totally clean afterwards. The hardest part of the job is removing the No3 Philips screws that hold the fuel rail onto the throttle body. They are very tight, and I suspect threadlocked. Use a socket spanner ratchet with a No3 Philips bit in it, don't use the wrong type of bit, otherwise it will 'cam out'