1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Te511 oil shower

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Josh Feller, Apr 2, 2013.

1. 511BRAAP Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    He who dies with the most toys wins
    Been awhile since I have done anything with AN, NPT sizing and found this page to be a helpful brush up. http://aeromotiveinc.com/2010/01/an-vs-npt/

Basically 1/4"NPT out of the oil return/tapped filler plug, to 6AN straight fitting, then a 6AN swivel fitting to run 3/8" hose to a bottle or tee fitting.

Hey Tinken, the bottle kit is supposed to come with the fill cap right? Can I buy separately for the same price, since it sounds like the bottle is a ways out?
  2. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    That is what I am thinking of doing. Ty was thinking about actually making this fitting, but this is a good design and might not have to be reinvented.

You can go ahead and pick up a fill cap now. We haven't decided what is going to be in the kit, but we might sell one as just the bottle and one as a kit so that people have more options.
  3. philfy20 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 511 2011
    I plan on doing this mod myself however the only concern I have is that wont the oil filler return mod also become a breather vent as well?? So instead of the oil returning to the crank case from the Zip ty's breather vent it cant because pressure is coming out of the oil return. I could be completely wrong and have no where near as much knowledge as people like tinken but thinking logically wouldn't this be the case??
    Im hoping tinken and a few others that have a lot more experience maybe be able to shed a bit of light on this.....
  4. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Absolutely would be the case :cheers: What will happen is the gasses will find a check valve after going out the filler and will be stopped in there tracks :thumbsup: I have thought of every single way to do this :lol: The way I did mine is ran the oil return line bellow the clutch cover so the line loads up with oil to block the gasses, there isnt that much psi in the case as long as the vents are working good, like less than 1 lb.
  5. philfy20 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 511 2011
    Did you actually add a check valve to the hose line or is running the hose under the clutch cover your version of a check valve?
  6. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    My original breather bottle had a check valve, but I removed it because it didn't make any difference and it impeded flow back. In my new breather bottle coming, it doesn't make any difference whether the gasses flow up from the vent or the oil drain.
    511BRAAP likes this.
  7. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    My version .... [IMG]
    [IMG]

I tossed the breather box for a radiator reservoir and a auto chain lube system.... still needs testing.... My breather can worked great but I wanted more.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  8. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    You should flip your capacitor over, it will cool better and last longer. ;)
  9. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    I knew that was comming ! Ha ha let's see what I come up with, bike will be down for a bit . I might parallel two lithium batts and install a 12v cigaret lighter when I get to electrical :)
  10. Londin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449 MY11
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 848 and Hypermotard 1100
    Rearwheelin....sure your not a pimp.....with all them "ho'ses" on your bike? :banana:
    gaffin john, Tinken and Rearwheelin like this.
  11. ascribner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 Daytona 675, 2009 KTM 200SX
    Which capacitor?
  12. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    They all have a job to do !
  13. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Its near the rear of the engine case.
  14. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Just a thought , what if I were to strip off the red powdercoat on the valve cover , weld an AN bung on and red anodize the whole thing ? Were is the best spot to put the bung ? I haven't taken the cover off yet to case this mod. :)
  15. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    The valve cover is magnesium and difficult to weld, the reason behind us not welding them. There are no good spots on the valve cover. You would have to build up a ridiculous amount of material on one of the rounded surfaces and then weld to that spot. The time and money involved to add a clearance free mount exceeds the cost of our mod, which is why we made a lot of them to cover the ridiculous time into the project. :)
    511BRAAP and Rearwheelin like this.
  16. 511BRAAP Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    I wondered about this, but a couple of other guys on here had run similar set ups without issue. No issues for me with 1200cc of oil. This is where the breather bottle will complete the design mod correctly. And act as a cooler to some effect.
  17. 511BRAAP Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    I ran clear tubing up to the airbox, thinking that I would run a few tests and possibly see some oil build up. My first test was 70mph (with stock gearing) for 3 to 4 minutes, followed by about a minute of riding in circles with some simultaneous brake and clutch play -no visible oil. Next test was a 1/4 mile or about 800' of sustained hill climb -no visible oil. Last week I had two 'lazy bike' incidents while trail riding, where the bike was on its side for about 5 seconds -no oil on the left side, little oil wash evidence in the clear tube when it was down on the right side, but no sitting oil.
  18. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    when the oil fills the torque limiter holes, then the oil really starts coming, its like a siphon.
  19. 511BRAAP Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Why, the flux capacitor of course! 1.21 gigawatts! I recommend a radiation suit and small hands for this mod.
    philfy20 likes this.
  20. 511BRAAP Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah, I haven't tried more than 1200cc, but do remember Rear's oil experiment videos. I though I would have seen some oil build up at the top of the hill climb...