Test Ride Zip Ty Racing TC 449

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ajaxauto, Oct 11, 2010.

1. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

I never even noticed the side panels...err...lack of side panels. It really is a neat looking bike. Better and better every time I look at it.

Dirtrider or one of the other mags did say it has lots of power, so that is encouraging. They also said it was heavy at 240, but don't all the other 450s (except the Honda) weigh in at the high 240s?

JS
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Thanks for taking the time. :thumbsup:
  3. jaro51 Husqvarna
    A Class

X2, much appreciated. Sounds like Husky has a winner!
  4. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    kidding aside, ajax really knows his stuff out there. he got a golden oppertunity and shared it with us and you can take what ajax says to the bank.

and now i want one. dang it.
  5. HuskyT Moderator

6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    truth is I posted the news that Michael Leib has a letter of intent with Ricci to ride the TC250 in MX2 and the slagging was minimal the SoCal Japano-centric somewhat KTMic folks are starting to realize that there other manufacturers out there. They kept bringing up the TC449 and I kept throwing up the MXA blurb on the 2011 TC250 letting all the know it alls, understand that MX2 is the 250F class and that the TC250 in its race clothes is a serious contender.
    Those guys have really drank the Big 4 punch, with a side cocktail of KTM coming through. It is funny over there.
  7. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

i think you have to remember the age group of the people on that forum, and the average age of the Husky rider. i just hit the 30 year mark (being alive not riding :lol:) and am probably on the younger side of Husky's faithful.

Good or bad, the big 4 are what kids are exposed to with: kid friendly bikes, winning races on TV, and dealers at every corner.

JS
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Right and maybe they will follow ML during the season and when they see a cool looking EU bike (that they can own) racing and winning ... They just might want a piece of the action ;) ... We need to post Huskies bike riding in places other than among just the Husky forms as much as possible to advertise the bikes ... That 310 Husky is the bike everyone should want to own .... with a side order of 449 for some ...
  9. JimO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TE 450, '08 TE 510, '10 TXC 450
    I ride a supercross track in San Jose (408 MX) weekly where the average age of the riders are 21 years. I love it when they come over to look at the Husky TE510 after I passed them out on the track. Then they cant believe the bike is street legal. It's fun watching some kids take notice to Huskys, thats one of the greatest parts of riding them.:thumbsup:
  10. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thank you for the good ride report.
  11. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Wonder how fast the aftermarket stuff will catch up to the 449? Autoclutch, pipes, performance mods, etc..... Actually, the bike is growing on me and I'm kinda kicking it around?
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Jim
    just made the biggest truth point of all, that most guys dont even consider because of ego issues. I will just make an example of me on my 08 TXC450 would get possitively smoked by any number of "retired" local 40-50 ex pros, even if they rode their heyday bikes from the early 90s late 80s. Its all about the rider that is the beauty of moto racing/riding a large percentage of the drive is rider, where as in other motorsports the vehicle plays a higher percentage in the equation.
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    the biggest important i improve oneself physically and mentally, with hard work, good equipment (comfort ergos).

then go out and ride a stock bike and beat all the hot rods.
    the 449 will far exeed most riders expectations and skill level and be a great ride for most riders (better be!!)
  14. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

After reading tons of know-all, hot air idiocy on the German Husky forum, t´was VERY refreshing to see a clear cut assessment by a knowledgeable rider who has actually experienced the bike. Thumbs up!
  15. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I beleive the bikes will come with 2 pipes the bike i rode had the performance pipe on it and it seemed to be with in legal limits for sound.
    As for aftermarket parts Ty is working on that, it was nice to see him smile as he talked about the bike and some of the plans he has for it .
    Things like steering stablizers ,suspention setting because we are all different ,protection parts and a bigger tank are all in the plans .
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Thanks! :)

Fantastic to get first hand reviews. :cheers:
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Regarding cafe husky vs other places on the internet to discuss things, cafe husky is only as good as we make it. I am not sure talking about the relative merits of the other places is making cafe husky a better place.

Negativity of any kind is highly contagious.
  18. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
  19. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Wats the latest on racing these TC models bikes?