The Chick And The Dame Ride Kennedy Meadows

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by WoodsChick, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Wow, riding with one other rider who is shutterbug sure has it's advantages. I had my own personal guide and photographer.:D:thumbsup:

I'll have to get more shots next time, but that means that I'll have to go faster!:doh:
  2. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    Argh! I forgot there was a third shooter! Eric from the grassy knoll. :)
  3. Thorton98 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Darn it! You found Walnut Grove! Great report. Don't know exactly where you were compared to where we used to camp, ride horses and fish 35+ years ago. That's where they did a lot filming for Little House on the Prairie. I do remember(as a young boy) on a few occasions seeing the film crew trucks coming and going and wondering if Michael Landon, Half Pint and the crew were close behind!
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I could look at this report and the pictures over and over (and probably will).:busted:

Now the KDX is washed, serviced and the carb and gas tank are emptied, the bike rolled away till October 1st, which is the next legal time that I can actually ride it down here in my local area.:thumbsdown:

Next year I will bring a warmer sleeping bag. The one I took is supposed to be good down to 20 degrees, but no such luck. I'll bring a foam pad for better insulation below me, too.

I'll bring a bigger can of gas....and maybe a bigger gas tank on the bike.

And last but not least, I'll be sure to bring the fly rod.:thumbsup:

Woo hoo, can't wait for next year!:applause:
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    :)

Thank you both very much for sharing :thumbsup:

:cheers:
  6. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Totally awesome!

I need to start bringing a digicam when I ride. You caught some sweet moments in time.
  7. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Is that riding area closed off untill October for some reason?
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Kennedy/Troy Meadows is open to riding red or green sticker offroad motorcycles whenever there isn't snow and then it's open for snowmobiling when there is snow. It's down here in my area that everything is green sticker only all year round and red sticker from Oct 1st to April 31st. It's one of those cute enviroMENTAL regulations we have here in the state of California. To simplify things, all bikes both two and four stroke that are 2002 models or older qualify for a green sticker, while all 2003 and up two stroke models and closed circuit four stroke models that don't meet the new C.A.R.B. emission standards are red sticker only and subject to being banned in various public riding areas at various times of the year. The bike that I rode at Troy Meadows missed being green sticker by just one year model.
  9. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Excellent RR as usual you 2 dirt chika's. :thumbsup: Great pics of the beautiful area and trails.

Not being toasty warm when you are sleeping is a downer. The bright side of it is it gets you out of bed as soon as the sun comes up because you are to chilly to sleep in. :doh: A zero degree sleeping bag is a necessity imo. That or a 6 pack of IPA before bed. That is OK when camping, right? :busted:
  10. TE 250 Girl Husqvarna
    A Class

Wow, what a great ride report!! Beautiful area too!!

I admire you for taking the time to take so many great photos:thumbsup:

I cant seem to figure out how to post full size pictures like that. It sure makes for great viewing!!!

Wonderful report!!
  11. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Thanks, Looks like Woodschick is an even bigger shutterbug than I am.

How you get big pictures like that is to get a free account at Photobucket or some other photo hosting site, then upload your pictures to there at the size we used which is 1024X786 or something about that ratio anyway. It's the size of a 17 inch monitor screen. Then you can add the pictures from there and not use up any bandwidth on the CH forum.:D
  12. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Beautiful pictures. Looks like some great riding there!
  13. cydonia1620 Husqvarna
    A Class

Makes me want to ditch work for the rest of summer and ride everyday.

Great photos Woodschick and input on what looks like a beautiful area to ride and just take in the scenery!

MM