The Husky F/I FIX

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Tech 3, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Weantright Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 FX350 w/KYB Inserts
    Other Motorcycles:
    2017 FE250 w/OC, 2016 XTrainer w/KYB
    Are the 02 sensor threads the same for all 02 sensors? Looking at the AEM model and wanted to get the correct sensor.
  2. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    I looked at that AEM model it is verry nice
    and yes the O2 sensor are the same threads will screw right in
    good luck setting up your bike and let us know how it is going
  3. inkmixer Husqvarna
    C Class

UPDATE - My fuel pump HAD popped out of its base. Thx for the tip.
    It is held with dinky little zip ties...
    Ordered and received my JD unit. I will install it today (April 14).

NOW... if only the friggin' weather would cooperate, I'd be able to test & ride it... but no, Mister Old Man Winter is pissing us all off by dumping heavy spring snow all over.. grmbl.. Living in Calgary, Canada, kinda sux sometimes... Tomorrow, Sunday ain't looking better either.
    Oh well. At least the mosquitos aren't out yet.... but I digress.
    :)

Thx for the tips folks.
  4. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    glad to hear you got the pump worked out
    you will love the jd tuner
  5. inkmixer Husqvarna
    C Class

UPDATE V 2.0 – FINALLY!.. Spring has sprung, AND the JD tuner has been installed. Only had a few hours in the saddle (or stiff workout bench if you prefer) to tune things a bit.
    1st of all: all the popping/rough runnoing in mid range is GONE. Smooth as angel cake.
    However, the idling had dropped so much at first (from ~1850rpm to 1200-1400rpm) that the bike could not hold its idle and had a hard time restarting.
    Leaned the mix, played with air-mix screw, got it back to a healthier 1500-1600, but I'm a tad confused on how to reset the air-mix screw and start tuning it from a 'factory' setting. Bike is second hand, so 1st owner may have screwed around with the air-mix setting without knowing what to properly do... gotta do some research on that and tune-it from ground-up, so to speak.

Quick opinion about JD tuner: awesome. I noticed a better fuel range already. Mostly goofing around town with other 'hooligans'-minded riders (jumps and urban assault was had by all), so the bike gets to do a lot of quick accelerations, and a lot of slow riding in tight spaces, with the oh-so-rare wheelie and stoppie... ahem.
    Anyway, the JD tuner is a must-have for sure.
    Now, if only I can figure out why the bike still stalls at low speed, I'll be a happy man – riding very slow, then low-to-mid acceleration makes it 'pop' and stalls... probably need to lean low and mid range more.
    Will update when I get more time to play with the dials.

Thx Tech 3!

(added: photo of a 2-hour long Supermoto endurance race that happened this W-E in Calgary)

Attached Files:

6. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Glad to hear of your progress, you have entered into a much larger world of fine tuning
    Don't be afraid to adjust the air screw on the throttle body thats what it is there for
    adjusting it in lets in more air, adjusting it out lets in less air, get your idle up to 1850 rpm or so
    with the screw,are you able to set or check your TPS.
  7. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    I have a JD tuner, although the standard settings weren't 100% perfect for my bike. After a bit of fiddling I found it to be great.

My intake boot has cracked in the past, some good superglue held it closed for the past 2000km. It has just reopened and I will re-glue it again. $150 is the dealer's asking price for the new boot, hence the superglue effort..
  8. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Try some hi-temp silicone seal, black. It should last longer than the super glue. Also, zip tie the the throttle body to the head, that will minimize vibrations and make your silicone repair last longer.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    $150.00 wow Hear in the states the boot is $67.00 for the 450/510 the 310 boot is different
    next time i talk to my parts guy i order stuff at least twice a week i will see how much they are maybe we could work something out and send ya one
  10. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    I actually have some of that exact gasket sealant and was looking at it yesterday. The Zip tying looks like a very practical solution, providing it doesnt displace the head gasket ( I dont imagine it would due to the hi torque on the head). I will do this on mine, thanks.

That would be much appreciated but please dont go out of your way - You get used to it over here. Its not just Husky, all of the brands have a huge markup, but Husky is the most efficient at it. It doesnt make sense as parts are imported directly to both countries I think.
  11. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    Possibly it's local import fees and taxes. We get the same thing for many things in Canada vs. the US, including the bikes themselves.
  12. Suputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, 81 Yamaha RD350LC, 90 RZ350
    I hate the internet. Now I have to have one of those $200 air fuel meters. :(
  13. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    they have them on ebay for the $160.00 range
    do you have the $300.00 ibeat set up.
  14. Suputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    I don't have an ibeat and at this time I don't see buying one. I still need an FMF pipe for the bike.
  15. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    If you don't have a ibeat don't waste your money on a A/F mixture gage
    the ibeat is a must for setting your TPS if that is not right nothing else matters
    if you don't want to by a ibeat there is a company that rents them.
  16. Suputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Do I need the ibeat while measuring the air fuel mixture or can I go to a dealer and have them set the TPS and then go on about using the air fuel mixture to set up the JDJ box?
  17. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Source for the Ibeat rental?
  18. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    This is correct the delear can set your TPS and then you can use the A/F gage and the JD unit to
    do the fine tuning
  19. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    I will contact my buddy and get the info he rented the whole package about a month ago
  20. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    I talked to my delear and he said the intake boot is 65.73 and they ship to OZ