1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc The Never Endin' (unofficial) Tiddler's Only Thread......

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by pvduke, Aug 11, 2011.

1. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Can't post pics of my mighty 144 CR but belive me ....it is MIGHTY! It's still my favorite bike and at 52 now it's been quite a few.
  2. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    can George do the 167 from an '09 125 cyl yet? or did that option never pan out. i've been holding on to my 125 cyl just in case. running as a 144 right now and love it.

think i may sell my TC250 to build up the little smoker (167 + CR ign)... it's just too damn fun to ride!

great thread :thumbsup:
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

To make a 167 you have to use a 2007 or OLDER cyl the newer 08 up cly do not have enought room to bore them out .
  4. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    thanks, ajax. last i talked to George he was trying with the newer cylinder but not having much luck. sounds like i'll put my '09 stuff up for sale and start the hunt for '07 and down.
  5. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

I talked to walt about a 155 setup with a 60mm piston but nobody makes that piston. Wiseco will do it if you order 10 i think? Its not a crazy price either... if i remember? I would rather do the 155 than 167. Seems like you can do that with the newer cylinder as well?
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The 08 cr125 and all 09 and later 125 cylinders can not be bored out beyond 58mm (144) because of the depth of the bore holes for the power valves. The oem 144 cylinder doesn't have this issue but the rear transfer is partially run up the back of the sleeve which would eliminate the rear of the cylinder sleeve at that point. I welded this area up on an oem cylinder and then ported the rear transfer more in to the cylinder case like the older 125s(thanks to Tim Troffer for the donation). I then had it bored to 62mm (164) and it turned out "OK" but I am going to run it very hard with some high compression to see if it holds up. If it does hold up then George or someone else can make the oem 144's work for the big bore kit. There the cats out of the bag. I didn't want to say anything until it actually survived some torture testing. The welding was actually pretty straight forward so anyone that is good with aluminum can do it, you just have to remove any nikosil from the area you are welding so you don't get any contamination.
    typeone likes this.
  7. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    hah, no wonder you were referred to as 'The Montana Mad Scientist' good stuff! :cheers:
  8. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Here we go.........:popcorn:
  9. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just when I think my 144 is it and can't get any better etc..... another option! I think I'm going to run the wheels of this 08 and by then Walt or George will have a 175 or 200 for us since Husky see's no market for them. Very cool Walt. LOL I can't get the popcorn guy to show up but it looks like TROFFR88's guy has enough to share. I await the test results.
  10. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    What happens if you take an IT 200 rod. Move it on the crank with 62mm piston = 170

There is your 175?

Have to look this winter, but what happens if we could sleeve down the 250 motor and get it closer to the 200 direction and try and restroke it?

66 Bore Wonder if it could be stroked to 60 = 205cc

64 Bore and 60 stroke = 200cc
  11. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That's what I'm talking about; 200CC's !
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Let me know if you need me to test that out hard core style for you :D
  13. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Darin,

You would have to move the big end pin in the crank out to get any stroke increase no matter the rod length. "If" you can get 2mm in radius then a 58.5 x 62.0 motor =176.6cc's. Kelly, Hopefully it is still running by the Northwest gathering and you can thrash it. Otherwise you will have to content yourself with ripping on a 165/167 with the old style cylinder. "If" Husky does some weight savings and re-design of the 250 motor then I could absolutely see sleeving down to 200. Right now I don't want to add that 15#'s to the 125 feel.
  14. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

He will be to busy riding his 511
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nope more than happy to thrash, er I mean, gingerly ride Walts machine. :cheers: Might not bring my 144 as i think it is sold to a friend in St. Lewis. I am eyeing that CR150 at Bills though. I'm far from done with the 125/144/167 idea as I LOVE those machines. I will say I am really loving the so EZ to ride 511 as I get older and more lazy. :>) Thats what made me trade the amazing 08 TXC450 for the 09 WR125. I was getting lazy.
  16. scrambler Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm still showin the love for my '08 cr125/144...it gave me the "W" in our last H.S...,I also use it as my primary trail bike...most of all super fun,cheap to maintain,and always likes to be pushed! long live the tiddler!
  17. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Bottone's previous mechanic Harvey was a real small bore guy. He had multiple EG 144's, but then had EG build him what I thought was a 151. EG used the piston from a Yamaha 167 bore and stroke motor to get there. Harvey didn't like it, as he was a revver and it lost over rev. Bottone's has another customer who had EG build a 155 or 156, with a 144 piston and a Kawi crank and rod. It's said this bike works well, but I've never seen it or ridden it.
  18. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If you get a older cly make sure you get the power valves with it AS Husky does not have the older ones in stock anymore and i see no reason for them to make them again The newer ones DO NOT
    fit the older cly I have a older cly sitting at Georges waiting for a 167 kit but with no Valves it is on hold Told George to rebuild my bike as a 125 again .As posted in the for sale section i am looking for a set of power valves OR any one want to purchase a 2005 older style cly and head with no power valves
    If Husky would just build a new light weight 250 i would park the 125
    Both my 250 and 300 with the new Ohlin TTX suspention work so well but are just a little heavy
  19. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husky really does not have any power valves for bikes that were made as recently as 08? That is just wrong.

I guess you could start calling dealers and see if anyone has some on the shelf.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    if there is a need I will build some. Pretty simple part.