The writing on the wall?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Chilly, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, IT490 a few others.
  2. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Interesting, the specs indicate the ground clearance and suspension travel look unchanged, but the seat height is lower...

You can tell by comparing the picture to the 310 that ground clearance and suspension travel are reduced. They forgot to update those items in the specs.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  4. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Malcolm has the TE250 on the floor. I was looking at one for my wife. Ideally, a Shorter and light weight bike is what she needed. Ended up with an 09 TE310 for her! The DR250 has been retired! TE 310 wins! :applause:
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    wrong down under you blokes, youre thinking of new zealand, theyre bandits for a sheep over there!
  6. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    thats more like it, more of a challenge to 'court'!
    Vinduro and wallybean like this.
  7. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
  8. LMay Husqvarna

So has the frame geometry on the 2012 changed to make it lower? Im looking to purchase one and was'nt sure if it just had the lower Husky seat. Can anyone confirm? If so, the lower 2012 model and the lower seat will make for a perfect fit for me.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    [speaking from a US perspective]

On top of your most excellent post Norm (see link) why not capitolize on the bikes they have and build a WR175. Walt proved it is viable and at the factory level it is nearly free. This is the bike a lot of us are asking for and those that aren't just havn't ridden it yet. :D Oh, low version too... EZ and THE bike everyone would get their wives and short friends. SALES.

Bike 2, reinforce the WR125 frame, make a new swing arm (lefty) and lower cradle and stuff the current WR250 motor in it with a wide ratio 6 speed. Again, not that hard... using existing parts. Most of us flat LOVE how this 09 and up 125 and x-light bikes turn and feel, leave everything else just hack the motor in. Two factory tank options, sitting on the shelves awaiting buyers.

Bike three, reintroduce the 610, with high build quality, nice seat, using most the super old tooling (paid for) and price it low. DR650 low. Support it with accessories and people will buy the crap out of it. It never had support. Simple things man. Rant over.

Provide clear, one language manuals which include accessories in the back that are on the shelf awaiting buyers. SALES. Gear that is super cool and fits perfect... EZ.

Oh crap, I said rant over.

... bring the Nuda and 65, like yesterday... summer is coming...

Helloooo..........
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Tota
    Totally agree. I'll add that the TE250 low suspension should have been an option for any bike in the X-Lite frame.... Want a low TXC310 for Dad, done; want a low CR125 for Junior, done; want a low WR150 for Ma, done! Not every small rider wants a street legal 250F! As I said in the other thread.... All the BMW engined new Huskys prove that Husky can turn out new bikes in short time frames. The X-Lite framed 250/300 should have been a no brainer, as a short term bike before the next generation 2 strokes.
    LawnDartMike and wallybean like this.
  11. Dan Rich Husqvarna
    C Class

hey Motosportz - sorry to post unrelated - is Kelly away at the moment ? is there someone else I can email if he is away re Motosportz issue?

Thanks

Dan
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Sure, send me an Email or PM. thanks.
  13. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

i was at the long beach show, and in about 15 minutes about 4 groups of people, w women looking for a bike with a low set height, all sat on the husky, all loved the build quality and componets, but didn't like the set height. There was no info on the new low set height 250 or 310. i stood there talking up the bikes as an owner, but really felt great oportunities walked away. no short bikes on display.
  14. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Some companies don't listen.....they usually fail.
  15. photoguy_43420 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 Husqvarna's from 1973-2001
    Other Motorcycles:
    73 Norton Commando 850
    I hate to say this but this has been the same story for Husqvarna for along long time. You almost have to go back to Edison Dye when Husqvarna listen to what there customers wanted. That is why its been a game of catch up for so long... It strated in Sweden went to Italy and now seems to be that way in Germany. If you look in the past Husky was really good in the late 60's and 70s but lost site of what the customers wanted in the 80's and have never really came back. There has been a few bright spots like the 610 and 250-510 e-start TE bikes but not many. But we still love them right?

Guy
  16. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You are so correct sir.I have said this before I purchased my first Husky in fact 3 of them that day.
    The day was at the Long Beach MC showJan 2006. I meet Rob Keith and Husky seemed to be on the move.That day my local shop
    became a Husky dealer.As a racer Rob hooked me up with Eraldo at FMF.My self and my 2 sons were the only Husky at the races back then.We worked hard and won a few races and 2 National champships. Over the course of the next few years i pimped Husky at every race and more and more bikes showed up.Then Husky hired Zip Ty Racing with a bunch of top racers
    things were looking good as the new team and bikes worked to win raceson the 450 and 510. Then came BMW, gone was Rob Keith Gone was FBF .But we did get the BMW 449/511 some of the racers could not make the bike work for them and they moved on some stayed and worked hard to show it could work.
    The following year Husky moves out west builds a big corporate office and fires all the remaining west coast team but does build up a East coast team.Now comes the start of the 2012 racing season ,out west we race all year. First off road race of the year 300 bikes 4 Husky.Second race of the year WORC Husky post on there Facebook page that they are proud to support Cory Grafinder
    at the WORC race yet Husky shows up with 1 bike and that bikes breaks on the first lap.With no other bike to ride Cory borrows a Kaw and goes out in race # 2 and get a 3rd.Nice support Husky
    Just reporting what you posted. But not to worrie Ty Davis was there with out a contract on a Husky and gets a win in the over 40 class and a 2nd in the over 30 class on a 449.Thrid race of the year a National Hare and hound 297 racers on the line and only 2 Husky show up .Once again i am the lone Husky rider. So you see I do feel the Writing is on the wall
    There are 2 saying i like to say
    Make a effort not a excuse
    To exceed at something you must first show up
    Husky/BMW PLEASE do not abandoned all West Coast off road racing Effort
    john01 likes this.
  17. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Husky listens. Probably not as much as some would like, at least as far as it being translated into products. But there wouldn't be a 310, a TXC310 or a low TE250 if Husky didn't listen.

They are a global company. The needs of the US are only part of what they need to consider. If they were as bad as listening and providing what customers want, none of us would have bought Huskies!

I love my Huskies. I love that their different and not the common, run of the mill bike. People ask me about them all the time. It's a good bike at a decent price (better price if you wait for the leftover pricing). In a sea of overpriced Orange, the Husky not only looks sexy, but sensible, too.
  18. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    If i was dealer and seen all this, a simple solution for a sale.... Have a deal with a local suspension company! Offer improvements to the bikes to meet the customers needs at a reduced cost on the latest models. Move the product however possible. If a dealer offered to configure the bike before it left to the riders specification cheaper then I could do it myself I would have said yes! Question is will the Manufacture allow this without voiding something and could it be financed. Would it not be safer to sell a bike to a rider with the suspension valved, sprung, seat height setup for the rider before they roll off the floor!
    From a marketing stand point you cannot please everyone with an off the self products. As MNB pointed they are a global company. The average human height around the world varies. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height so does the body weight!

Racing, my idea is setup a sponsorship for young kids. Send in resumes and rate the support based on performance in races. Allow them to get support from the factory, discounted parts and supplies and most of all someone to talk to about the bike. Sure pro will bring in the publicity, but the sea or orange at the NHH was not all pro's! My boy loves my 511 but this is one is mine! He needs to get his own!

I love my 511.
  19. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    It think it more comes down to a world view. Italy is going through a lot of political and financial instability. Germany seems to be a financial powerhouse in the EU and is put in a position bailing out its EU partners. Perhaps BMW has something planned for the brand that would not be involved with it's Italy factory. It all comes down to money and profits for the corporate types. I hope they listen to their consumer base and present what we will love and go out and buy. We are a small market and the BMW motorad division is small compared to its competitors.
  20. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husky use to have a great contingency program.But I have yet to see anything in print for 2012.
    As for support I and my 2 sons have done more races on a Husky since 2006 out west and never had any support from
    Husky.The best person I found in the begining was Eraldo at FBF in Pen.He would help with suspention and bike set up.I would ship my suspention 6 thousand miles round trip to get it done.As for parts
    have not found a dealer on the west coast that really markets Husky first and stocks parts.I will call around but 99 persent of the time it is Hall in wis.One call and ups deliveres my parts.Then came a West Coast Racing Team.They would give advice and help with bike set up both at the races and over the phone.Now they are gone and any inside info went with them.If you RACE a Husky you will be one of only a few that due.That is sad because the bikes are good.
    Desertyucca likes this.