1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Thinking about buying a WR300...what's it worth?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by avc8130, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    I ride in the PHL are as well, both in NJ sand and PA/NY rocks. I love my WR. I bought it in December, I have put about 1200 miles on it since then, and it's been basically flawless.

-The stock carb/jetting is TERRIBLE. It's a pain to start, the needle is all wrong, pilot is all wrong, etc. The good news is, there are easy fixes. My bike ran great with the JD jetting kit in the stock Mikuni, and it runs great with the Keihin PWK from Motosportz that I have in there now.

-I am 5'10"-5'11", 32" inseam, and the bike fits me fine, but it might be a bit tall for a shorter guy. Tall bikes don't really bother me, some people hate them, so that's subjective.

-I think that the stock suspension isn't too bad, bit it could be a bit softer/plusher for rocky woods riding. For NJ sand it was fine stock. Revalves are easy.
  2. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Hey Kyle do you still have the old carb or jet kit?
  3. Geoff Cardoza Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300 and 2012 CR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oset 20" 48 Volt
    I am a dealer and I own one personally...basically bought my demo so I did not have to lose a ton on cash on it selling it to a regular customer. It is a great bike, really tough to eat really bang for the buck, but it is a very difficult resell, as are all of the Huskies these days! I have my 2 personal units, at what I would consider great prices, both have a ton of goodies, especially my 300, and cannot get the phone to ring. We have had this issue with every used Husky we have sold or tried to sell. It seems that if it is not orange it is a very tough sell. This is the link to my personal 300 for reference purposes....

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/mcd/4017109837.html
  4. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    I still have the carb. I sold the jet kit to another guy on here.

I did get a DEY needle for the TMXX, which should be a LOT better than the GAY, but I need to measure it and try it out. I suspect that the GAY needle is the source of a lot of the issues, but I don't know for sure.

My bike ran well with the TMX with the JD jet kit, the PWK is just "meatier" right off idle which is where I ride my bike a lot in technical singletrack, so I am running that instead. For a faster rider or more open terrain, the TMX would be great.
  5. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    I never get the idea of "resale value" on a dirt bike. I beat all mine to hell. I consider them junk and by the time I go to sell if they are actually worth something thats a bonus.
    Glenn haynes likes this.
  6. Schrup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300
    He got the factory authorization to clear the 2013s Thursday night. I saw his ad on CL Friday morning for the WR300 & called to ask if they would hold it till I could get there from Tacoma. While I was there, three people called about the bike. Geoff & his wife were super nice.

I haven't even been able to ride it yet, save a couple trips around the block. I had to order all new gear & it won't get here till next week. I rode a lot 20 years ago, mostly XRs. I have a 10 year old son & I bought him a XR70 & all the gear. He's taken to it like a duck to water & I'm sick of chasing him on my MTB.

I've been looking for a bike for a month, I hadn't really considered a 2 stroke. The more I read about this bike the more I wanted it. It's got all the power I could want & is as light as my old XR250. I've read a lot here & have a good idea of the must haves. I'll start with rad guards.

I figured this would be a good spot to jump in & introduce myself, I'm Paul. I've already garnered a wealth of info on my bike here & really appreciate this forum, thanks.
  7. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Welcome Paul! Enjoy that bike!
    mkfox likes this.