thinking of moving out west (again)

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by FreddyTE310R, Jun 23, 2014.

1. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR

California~Komifornia.... I don't get where all the rederik comes from but I can tell you for a fact that I can ride my Two-Stroker year round pretty much where ever I want. The only places that I know of that adhere to
    the Red Sticker thing is Prairy City and Carnegie. PC, I never even think about going to and Carnegie I can live without for four months. The Sierras don't enforce the Red Sticker thing. Even Mammoth Bar, which you actually have to pay
    to ride at, allows Red Sticker year round. There's so much riding up in the Sierras whether it's single-track, dirt roads or blaze your own you could probably ride everyday for a year and still find new stuff. I haven't even touched on
    Lake County, Mendocino County, the Coastal Mountains and so on. Then you've got SoCal, which I can't speak on personally, but I know has a gazzilion riding areas and MX Tracks and endless desert terrain. Oh and I forgot to mention
    Nevada which is about a two and a half hour drive for me to ride prestine desert terrain. So call it what you want but California has probably got some of the most diverse riding you will find anywhere with the exception of Washington,
    Oregon and Idaho, which happened to be out west also.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3TvDpgyzxE
    ray_ray and richard kersten like this.
  2. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    ^ soon as i get my 2 smoker going i will be shooting you a pm. Ill need to break her in :)
    jerbear610 likes this.
  3. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    All of our SoCal USDA forest roads are green sticker or street legal vehicles only. The rangers will stop and check you and also get lots of assistance from LASD deputies on DRZ400s to do the same.

Hungry Valley SVRA is strict about Red Sticker compliance. It's dry down here during a good rain year so they don't mess around. They will stick an official coat hanger into your pipe to make sure you haven't "accidently" lost your spark arrestor too.

Maybe it's different in terms of enforcement up your way Jerbear, makes since as it sure seems the politicians in Sac breathe different air than everybody else...;)
    Kyle Tarry and jerbear610 like this.
  4. panhandlebars Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm200sold!klx125&drz 70 kids
    I almost hesitate ....as it is a riders Eden...I don't want to share it....the Idaho panhandle is endless riding. Tight woods, ferns, cedars, old growth forests,lakes,lakes,lakes ..I have lived here 18 years and sometimes find trails I didn't even know about from friends, awesome ride groups, trail activist are pro bike .... New trails are built often, campgrounds full of dirt bikes and ride right out of the campground to single track nirvana ...plated 2 strokes on the street...ride <your 4 wheeler/ Utv to the store...take the trail home after work ........snowed out ? Go south 2 hr drive and ride...or get your snowmobile...next door 30 minutes each direction: Montana and Washington ...both full of awesome riding...so if you have to move think Coeur d Alene Idaho, Spokane Wa...west Montana kalispel,Missoula ......all have trout fishing,snow ski, dirt bike ,sleds,lakes and growth economy........ In 1997 I came to Cda,ID for vacation then went home to central California sold everything and moved here 3 weeks later .....my wife grew up here ...she hated cal.
  5. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    It does sound like single track nirvana. Idaho is Good.. If I wasn't stuck here in SE. AZ with 9 rental properties to maintain here in town, 86 acres just outside of town and if I don't build on a section of a whole square city block I own when I retire in a few years. Which developers are trying to buy now. I would be out of here too. Maybe I should start selling now. I've thought about moving to maybe Farmington, New Mexico. I have an old neighbor I bought some property from some years back and went up to vist there and it had some awesome riding areas. They have some killer rock climber areas for 4 wheel drive events there that were just crazy. Dirt bikes all over the place.
  6. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sounds good, how's it coming along ?
  7. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I don't have much faith in our politicians but we've got the same chemtrail checkered skies up here as you probably do down there and we all have to breath it.:eek:
  8. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

Idaho sounds like the place for me, maybe someday. :thumbsup:
  9. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Minden Nv. Awesome trails in the Pinenuts and really close to Tahoe
    IMG_3154.jpg
  10. jerbear610 Husqvarna