1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Tire recommendations for WR150?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by BCdirtbikegal, Feb 20, 2012.

1. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

Last spring I put on a fresh set of the Motoz because of all the great reviews here and was very disapointed. My set of S12 that had been put on in the fall were way better even after almost 400 miles. The Motoz performed fine once it dryed out. The Motoz performed on par with other tires at its price point. There is a reason why they dont cost as much as the S12 or the Dunlop Geomax. Its simple a consumer wont pay the same price for a tire that doesnt perform as well. It sucks but you get what you pay for. Some bike shops sell used race take off for cheaper then you could buy the terrapactor for and would perform better. Both the S12 and the Dunlop mx51 have worked great on my 125 and 250.
  2. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    I just don't understand how this is possible....
  3. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have not tried the Motoz but for my terrain (mud with lots of rocks) I am real happy with the M59 front and trials rear. If running a knobby I like the 120/80/18 MB5. The S12 is great on the brown ice but sucks in rocks and roots.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good to hear, I do not like turning my Canadian bro away. :cheers:

And BTW I am not pushing these tires to sell them. I could really care less if I ever sell another one as I discount them to the point of making nothing and it is more hassle than the few bucks I do make. BUT I do like turning people on to how good they are.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    tires are very subjective, if you find what works for you run it. :thumbsup: What Motoz did you try? the model makes all the difference like any Brand.
    jmetteer likes this.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    M59 was my go to tire till I tried the terrapactor now i do not want to run anything else.
  7. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

I really don't get how this is possible either.

Maybe it's the soil types or? Maybe the wrong version of the tire for the application? I've used the S12 fronts and got good life out them for what I ride on. Have also got very good life out of the Motoz S/Ts on the same conditions. Plus the Motoz's have better rim protection & they're now DOT.

To each his own........
  8. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I am curious as to what size and version of motoz would work best on my 2012 husky cr125 for trails-a mixture of mud,some rocks, roots,and hard and soft dirt but no clay:thinking: Anybody used these in the 19" rear sizing for trails only-no moto? Thanks everyone:thumbsup:.
  9. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I would like to try them after the factory tires on my cr wearout(michelin starcross s3's I think) Haven't got my new bike yet to confirm:(
  10. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

If you don't have a lot of shale type sharp rocks, then the Terapactor is a great tire. It is a light weight tire that shale will be hard on if you spend a lot of time in that type of sharp rock. I loved mine until I had a couple of problems when riding in one local area that has a quite a bit of shale.
  11. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Most of the rocks in my riding spots are fairly sharp, though not that frequent. Thanks wallybean:notworthy:
  12. BCdirtbikegal Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 KTM sx50 jr, 08 pw50
    Thanks everyone for the info., just had a call that the front tire is now in (been waiting on it), so a set of Terrapactors is coming my way and will get them on next week to try, interested to see how they handle but for the price can't beat it.

Edited to add, 4 rides on them in a variety of terrain on the trail and track and they hook up really good :)
  13. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    guys, I really do envy you with the choice you have.

I only have a choice of 2 tires

local made (Thailand (deestone)) or dunlop

dunlops are 2x the price of the deestones and do effectively last the same time maybe 1 ride more.

the dunlops do hook up slightly better but for 2x the price its a real thinker to go for that, or adapt your skills to the alternative drive style.

I change my rear tire about every 5 rides (1 ride is about 5 hours)

The only silver lining i can find is that I pay about $43 for a rear tire installed on the rim complete (no complaining there) the dunlop is $98

Robert-Jan