1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Too Tall!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by incorrigible, Dec 22, 2011.

1. incorrigible Husqvarna
    B Class

I said I would try it. I tend to think handling would suffer.

I can live with tall bikes. I am an A class enduro rider. I just wish this one had the same height as as my other bikes.

125's might not be quite as tall BTW. We're talking here maybe an inch too tall at the very most. Especially in the rear .
  2. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

But you have to set your sags PROPERLY. Too many don't run enough sag for their bikes. Static sag is almost as important as rider sag. I had problems throwing my leg over the bike until I got the correct spring rate and set my static and rider sags properly. I actually had to go down on the front fork spring to get the correct static and rider sag. I had to go WAY UP on the rear spring to get the correct sags. Now my 2011 WR150 has a .40kg spring in front and a 6.0kg on rear. Static sag front is 40mm and rider sag is 75mm. Rear static sag is 31mm and rider sag is 103mm. Bike handles great and suspension is plush. I did have Halls take out about 20-25% of high speed compression, front and rear.

3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was out riding today with some friends in really wet and gnarly terrain. First time since i remade my seat with new softer foam (20mm thick to raise seat from earlier cut.) I also released 2 turns on my rear spring to make it softer and lower, and lowered my fork 10mm. I went up 4 clicks on front comp. and 3 on rear. I also reduced rebound 4 clicks at front and 3 at rear. This was very good for me in gnarly terrain! I am at 87 kilos with standard springs with a little more fork oil, so i wanted a little more comp, but i wanted the bike to extend suspension fast on ruts and stones, so this feels very good!

Johnny
  4. twwinston Husqvarna
    C Class

I have a 09 WR 250 and stand 5'8" with a 30" inseam. When I got the bike it was very tall. While wearing my riding boots I could not touch ground even tip toed. I sent my suspension to LTR Racing for a revalve and 1 inch lower. The bike is still tall but I can touch near the balls of my feet. Working perfectly for me. I just struggled in off camber steep stuff. Just pin it and keep momentum and you won't have to put your feet down, I guess.
  5. incorrigible Husqvarna
    B Class

Rode the WR 250 today for the first time. I think it's a great bike that will respond to set up. I like it a lot. It turns great and doesn't feel twitchy like the last KTM I rode.

I still think the bike is taller than it should be, especially in the rear. After doing some set up the rear sag, I think the height in the rear is still a problem on whoops as the rear end is wanting to float and loading the front end. My problem with the height is less about touching the ground than the stability of the platform. I still think this is about 10 mm in the front and 20-25mm in the back.

The suspension ate up trail junk even though the compression settings were up a bit to manage the whoops. Nice.

That said, I will bring the bike to Evan Yarnall at Solid Performance to sort this out. If this bike can be set up to master the whoops, it will be awesome.