Trailtech lights / Stators / computers in inventory

Discussion in 'Motosportz' started by Motosportz, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good idea, I might get another cover so i can do just that.
  2. Creeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just thinking a bit further... maybe some vinyl "simple sheet" numberplate backing. That might work too. I guess it's what ever is convienent and handy huh? :excuseme:
  3. eldgenb Husqvarna
    B Class

Hey Kelly,
    do you have any lighting comparison pics? Like stock vs. Halogen X2 light. That would be very helpfull in my decision. Also I tend to replace the stock bulb pretty consistantly, are the Halogen bulbs in this setup more durable?
    Thanks.
    Eldgenb
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No but that is a good idea. I can tell you the OEM light is nothing compared to ether the Halogen and like a candle compared to the HID. The X2'a are WAY more light than stock.
  5. Lurkerlou Husqvarna
    B Class

I can say the X2 is nothing short of amazing.

Yesterday I took some on bike video footage and at 3 in the afternoon you could visably make out the headlight on the ground in the video in the daylight.

I went from not wanting to get caught in the dark to looking for places to ride when it became dark.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    he he he me too. In fact I am leaving in about an hour to do some night riding on purpose :D
  7. Lurkerlou Husqvarna
    B Class

If it wasn't for the fact it would be light again by the time I got there I'd be on my way to join you. haha
  8. Dano540 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE 450 & 2008 TXC 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 Yamaha FZ1
    I have to say Kelly, as ugly as those Trail Tech graphics look, they aren't nearly as bad when I see them on your bike.

[IMG]
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Also available in plain black or red. I'm not wild over them ether but a lot of people comment on how nice it looks. :excuseme:
  10. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    I have my Motosportz X2-HID lights on my 610 now and it's great. I have light now.:thumbsup:

This Sunday I have a dualsport ride planed to Sloquet Hotspring. The off-road part is around 200 km. This will be a good test for the lights, riding back at night.:eek:
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    You'll love it. Tons of light :thumbsup:
  12. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The X2 includes the SC4 HID however Trailtech lists two SC4 HIDs being availible on their site.

Is the one included in the X2 the 30 watt or 40 watt?

HID SC4":
    The Trail Tech 4 inch HID light is an excellent light. The 28° 'driving' beam pattern is bright and even. Available in 30 or 40 watt options. The SC4 weighs only 510g but puts out some of the best light available today.
    Beam Angle: 28 degree
    Color Temperature: 5600K
    30 Watt Brightness: 2775 Lumens
    40 Watt Brightness: 3235 Lumens

Also how does the X2 compare to the 8" HID race light?

8" Race Light details
    Color Temperature: 5600K
    Lux: 55000 Lux
    Foot candles: 5300 FC
    Housing diameter: 25.5cm (10")
    Housing depth: 16.5 cm (6.5")
    Weight: 4.7 pounds (2 kg)
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    the 4" is 40 watts for 75 watts total (with the 35 watt 2"). The 8" for racing would be better overall because of the huge reflector. The X2 HID does very well though.
  14. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Hey Kelly,

Will either of these lights work (Halogen X2 and/or the HID X2) with out a problem, or do you have to upgrade your stator on the stock 08 TE450? And what is better, HID or Halo?
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    David, (fitness2go) has run both on his 08 TE450 without issues. The Halo very bright and works great. Way better than stock. the HID is a good bit brighter but costs a lot more and takes about 20 seconds to fully light after you flick the switch, it's an HID thing. If your not racing or doing fast off road at night go with the Halogen. If you want to race and need a serious light get the HID. Neither are DOT approved yet many of us including myself on my TE610 run them on the street. The 4" can blind oncoming traffic so in high traffic areas i just run the very bright but narrower bean 2"
  16. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Would you say that the Halo is 10 or 100% better than stock "cell phone power" LOL? Maybe I need both for the different riding? Or could one live with the Halo as on all pupose light? Do you out run it after 55mph? About how far does it throw a beem low/high? Sorry, I am asking so much Kelly.

Thanks,
    Gary
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The Halogen is a very good light and probably all you need unless your racing at night and then you need the HID because there is no substitute for maximum light when trying to go as fast as possible.
  18. 1adam12 Husqvarna
    AA Class

... and what about on a 2006 TE450/510? Does the stator on that vintage have enough oomph to power the Halogen X2 setup? I think I remember reading that the '08 stator is uprated due to fuel-injection power requirements?
  19. nitromed Husqvarna
    B Class

Kelly,
    I finally installed the Halogen X2 - wow! Not only does it look cool but like others - I am looking for a reason to ride in the dark!

A buddy of mine is cutting matte black vinyl to go over the gloss black.

I made a small mod to mount the blinkers and still need to install the pins at the bottom... not sure how that will turn out.

Attached Files:

20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many