1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Trials tires on a 2T

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by edmoto, Nov 19, 2011.

1. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

or just has decent rear brake modulation. my wife and i have never had the slightest complaint about the braking traction with a trials tire, but both of us have decent brake feel and are not prone to skidding even on crazy steep stuff. Folks who just stomp on the rear brake and skid are often unhappy with trials tires.

Note that we switch back and forth frequently, and use knobbies for desert and for enduro racing, and trials tires for technical mtn trails, and whatever we have on the bike for when we go to moab.
  2. hawaii-rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2018 TC250, 2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04 CRF-270x, 95 CR500, 93 CR250 etc
    All I run in the back unless I am racing MX

Vinduro is a pro class rider, he is up on the power and as stupid fast as he is, most likely (like others of his class of speed) get up on the sweet spot of the motor and steers and drives with the rear wheel turning....(I really hate fast people....sheeeesh....)

Now, mortals among us...the trials tire is a godsend.
    Me too with the MT43...and Tublis
    even ran one on my TE610
    DOT rated...jack up the PSI on the road and not squirely
    drop the psi to 8 for off road and kept a tiny pocket sized air compressor with me to take it back up to road PSI for home
    have one on all my modern single track machines etc.

they are like velcro off road...sticky sticky sticky...

all I run now, been running them for over a decade off road...used to get snears and laughs....not anymore, guess the secret (for mortals) is out.

HR
  3. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    What tire do you recommend for NorCal trail riding on my TE 511. I'm really close to buying a trials tire. But that bike is big. It stops and spins the rear on any sizable root/rock step up.
  4. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    For what it's worth, I have several riding buddies with KTM 450-530 size bikes, and they all REALLY like the trials tire in the appropriate terrain. So, they don't have the aforementioned issue with big bikes and the trails tire.

I run one on my WR, but only for very specific events. The trials tire is good on loose rocky climbs, dry or wet, and wet (but not muddy) singletrack with rocks and roots. It is not good in endless/sticky mud (a bit of watery mud it'll be fine), not that great on loamy tracks/trails, it's useless in sand, and it's useless on a grass track. So, I use one for a few events a year that are really rocky and gnarly (for locals, Hancock, Michaux, Pachaug, etc). For most other races & rides I use a regular knobby.
  5. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    +1 woods riding mt43 is not that great even with 12psi in it, first pain and you may as well walk its usless.
    you spin the rear clearing the mud out and it just grabs more mud and you start to sink.

wet rocks awesome so find a stream bed and your laughing.
    im looking at mitas co2 for woods not trials but plenty of rubber!
  6. uranys Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00 wr360/02 wr360/09 wr125/09 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 xr600r
    I tried and mt43 and it was no good for me. Condition were typical for around here, wet and snotty. Lots of clay based mud and roots almost no rocks. The back end tried to pass the front in many turns and I had trouble controlling it once it started to get sideways.

I'd take a worn out s12 over it any day.
  7. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Clay mud and no rocks isn't the right conditions for a trials tire, IMO. It's good on wet (or dry) rocks and roots, puddles, and soupy mud. Thick, sticky, clay mud is probably going to pack.