1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Undecided

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by WVdag, Feb 10, 2014.

1. shrubitup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '00 TE610 (pretty much a WXE610)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg FE450, KTM 200EXC, Triumph
    It's not like you can simply return to the store for a refund so key is to just bring it home. :busted:
    R-J van Hulst likes this.
  2. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    yep just brace yaself for the onslaught & get it over & done with! I did the exact same thing, kind of said I was gonna get a new bike, kinda:p
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I'm not here to advise you other than flip a coin but why after riding a 300cc bike, do you want to drop back to a bike with ~1/2 the power?

--
    I don't usually read a thread because I don't wanna get tainted by all the slush that might be there. But I did see you took a 250cc bike ...

Welcome and now you and I are the 250cc riders here ... Don't be too scarce here, OK?
  4. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP

It is not about knowing how much power you have, it is about knowing you can use the power you have.

There are only a few people out there that can use all the power a 250 2 stroke or 450 4 stroke have to offer.

I would be willing to bet that a Rayray on a 144 would be faster than a Rayray on a 250. You would also be faster longer because the bikes don't wear you out.

Later,
    454x, wallybean and LandofMotards like this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    All your points are probably true and I can see my self on a 125cc type bike in the future, but not until my 250s are too heavy for me to pick up ... That may not be till I'm ~60 and that is not too far away ... (These 250 4t bikes are just glorified 125 2t bikes to me really)
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    125 based bikes are not for everyone but once you get your head around it you realise who many great things a 125 class bike brings to the table. The fun factor is through the roof (and why I ride them), they have way more ability than you first think (I tend to be able to climb technical hills better on them) and they handle like nothing else. 250F's and 125 2 strokes really have nothing in common, you really need to own a 125 class bike to get it.
    jmetteer and JRod4928 like this.
  7. WVdag Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250 W/300 kit, 2013 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1987 Harley FXLR 10th year edition
    We
    Well Ray Ray I'll be 57 soon and the weight is a big factor. I've riden a few 125's over the years. Swapped bikes on a ride and it was always a nice surprise how easy it was to handle. Last time was a 144 KTM and it was very nice so I'm exspecting the husky to be a better fit. All the way around.

Dave
    ray_ray likes this.
  8. WVdag Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    By the way, does anyone know if I can I still get a P-3 pipe guard for this bike?
  9. JRod4928 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165
    Heck, I'm 26 (160 lbs) and I don't want anything bigger than a 125 chassis to push around! The shorter wheelbase and weight distribution make them easy to maneuver. I will say though, the Husky is noticably heavier than the 2008 YZ125 I came off of, based on the 'throw it on the bike stand' test. I should have weighed them before I sold the YZ, but I'd guess the Husky is about 10 pounds heavier, maybe 15. But you don't notice it while you're riding. The husky is very comfortable though.
  10. WVdag Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Or expecting /-:
  11. WVdag Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I've got my kiehin AS that I took off of my 300. Should I remove the mikuni straight away and put the kiehin on the cr125?

Dave
  12. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
  13. WVdag Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, I got on the Lectron train a year or so ago. I love it on my 300, it's runs perfectly. If this 125 works out I will end up with another one. But I have that kiehin on the shelf, thought I would go with it for a while. Gotta let HER get over the new bike first. Soon as I figure how to break it to her.
    Move over rover. Lol
  14. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Good luck with that. :thumbsup:
  15. WVdag Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    The kiehin or the wife? Haha
  16. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    You like to live dangerously ?

I think I wouldn't stuff around with the keihin and see how it goes with the mikuni .
    Ive got a keihin sitting on my shelf too. If its a 38 mm it may be worth trying out but I like the way the mikuni feels.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  17. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
  18. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I would give the mikuni a chance. I've been using one for 7 years and never experienced this midday change in performance people seem to be experiencing.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  19. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650

Yep, seems to be the case, very inconsistent. Some people never have a problem with it, others do. My dad's 2011 WR300 runs great on the Mikuni. My 2012 didn't. My brother's 125 was a bit picky and I wasn't always there to mess with it. I've run all three (actually 4), stock Mikuni, R&B modded Mikuni, 38mm Keihin AS, and 38mm Lectron. I never could get either Mikuni to run right they'd run good at a certain part of the range, but never consistently good throughout. It would change dramatically from a 9 am practice lap to a 12 pm race. The Keihin, stayed consistent. It was good, but never completely right. And I had a ton of jets and needles for it from my KTM 200. The Lectron for me ran great throughout the throttle range, and only ever required very tiny input on the adjustment screw when the temperature and humidity changed dramatically throughout the day.

That being said, I would try to make the stocker work on any new bike, but I wouldn't dump much money into jet kits and the like, and would definitely skip the R&B mods. If it doesn't sort out, and you do have a Keihin on hand, give it a shot. If you don't, I would skip it and go for the Lectron instead. I put a 38mm on my brother's WR150, but doing it again, I would go for the 36 instead on the small bore. The 38 seems too much. I spent a lot on jets and needles for the Mikuni, then for the modification, then again for the Keihin. Then again for the Lectron. When you figure the price of the jets and needles, the Lectron works out to a nice deal. But all unnecessary if that Mikuni pans out for that particular bike.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  20. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I should correct that. I've been using those carbs for 7 years, not just a single carb. I just bought another one for my newest bike.