1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Unless Husky Comes Out With A New 2t I've Narrowed My Choices Down To Two.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by lankydoug, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I own both...

Tractable power
    More planet feeling
    No pipes to buy, and buy, and...
    No 2 st oil and spooge to clean up

Love both bikes. Been riding buddy Adams TE310 a lot and love it.
  2. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    I did ride and enjoy the 4t 250, 400/450 and continue with the 2T.
    Would you agree we as riders have lost some riding area from sound issues?
    As a ride venue host I know my neighbours can hear us more now with the mix of 4t/2t than a decade ago when it was all 2t. Interestingly I recently read that there is less crashing now with the less pipey 4t- for sure pros and cons.
  3. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
  4. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Basically it says the whole starter system is 8lbs and unreliable so somebody milled a plug out of billit aluminum and capped of the hole where the starter goes. I like my kick starter.
    Vinduro and lankydoug like this.
  5. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    I went to a land-use hearing here a year or so ago. I don't ride track, but I support everything that has to do with the sport, and appreciate the skill the track bunnies have... The track ended up getting DENIED it's land-use permit, and the main argument was noise.... There was a bunch of other BS and political shit going on, but thats what all the surrounding residents pleaded...
  6. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    If I am correct the AMA SX guys have to meet 115db max and work hard to pass. I do also remember the amazingly quiet kdx's from back in the day- might not be that hard to do it for the new stuff.
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Guys the new 2012 GG bikes are made for the tall riders now so I would at least sit on one before thinking they are to small. I have the 2010 GG 300 and at 5' 7" it fits me. My son at 6' had to add the tall guy bits. Just a thought on the 12's. Hey don't throw stones I own two Huskys! BTW I'm getting the new Ossa Explorer.
  8. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Haha, that adds to your credibility!
    lankydoug likes this.
  9. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

If Husky made a thumper that was as quiet as a Honda X I would probably be on one as I hate noise. But the TXCs I have heard are not obnoxious or anything. Even the TC I rode was not real bad. My 150 is not exactly quiet either but there is not much I can do about it.
  10. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Here we go! No one will ever hear us coming! I call dibs on the first Husky! draft_lens9926061module89285561photo_131601035751Y66AP08VL.jpg
  11. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Most new and inoviative ideas haven't really panned out to be much, ie: Husaberg F's, YZ450, and dare is say the Husky 449 / 511.... GAS GAS even had to drop their new air box design before they could produce the 2012's. So all of it's new inoviation didn't even make it to production. KTM went back to linkage suspension. Honda built a new 250 motor in '02 and everybody wanted the old motor back.

The new OSSA is a neat idea, but will it really work? Will it really be better? Will it cost as much as a CHRISTINI AWD ? I've seen nothing about anybody actually riding a prototype or anything, so is it the really deal ? Will it actually see production?

Even the general death of the two stroke didn't pan out. They seem to be coming back from the dead, because their are some things that just work, such as 66 X 72 bore and stroke combo for 250 two strokes, gas tanks in front, over the motor and linkages.

When somebody comes out with something new and 250A riders start running down top AA pros with it, I'll take interest. I can't afford any more "FADS".

Until then, I'll just stay with the tried and true and hope Husky dosen't screw up my WR's.
    water racer, windsurf, muggsy and 2 others like this.
  12. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If I am not mistaken the AMA SX guys have to pass 96 or 98db. No way they could get by with 115db. Do you realize how loud that is ? ??????? That is like a straight pipe on a Harley reving to 7 grand. LOL LOUD !
    ISDE guys have to pass 94db.
    ohmygewd likes this.
  13. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    A 2t is much louder up close than a 4t but but can never make a 4t quieter due to the 4 stroke being a low frequency sound as compared to the high pitch of a 2t. This is why you can hear 4t's in the distance whilst a 2t sound fades away - this you will find is what the complaints are over.

AMA is now on the same 94db limit as the FIM...they're still loud in the distance.
  14. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Simple solution for the high sound level when racing MX....... go back to MXing 2-strokes :applause:.
    JuninhoBiu, siaknijustin and Dirtdame like this.
  15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    No stone throwing from me... I'm just curious what kind of reception you'd get over at the GG forum, pushing '12 Husky 125/144's as an option over no '12 GG 125'a and no "real" big bore option for the GG125.
    water racer likes this.
  16. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yeah, we never had much of a problem around here until the four stroke "BOOM" hit. Then we started having noise issues and closures.
  17. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Where's the funkie motor?

[IMG]
  18. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

That looks like a ktm 250 dressed up like a husaberg

I'll chime in here on husky vs .......
    I have owned a 08 WR 250, 10 WR300, 2011 gasgas 300 and my current ride a 2010 TC 250. I bought the gasgas because I didn't want to buy a new/old WR. The 300 was good bike and did turn better that the huskies. I am 6'4 and struggled with the small bike. The WR's fit me perfect. I regretted selling 300. I decided to buy a 2010 TC 250 and am in love. I sold my gasser after my first ride on TC. The bike is magic!! Just the right amount of power with full akro exhaust. I struggled a bit with jetting and starting but have got past that. Added a rekluse and now have the perfect bike imo. Bike turns great and and goes in straight line without feeling loose. Bike feels so damn light and can throw it around with ease. I am a b rider and can't think of a better bike. Best value out there on a bike!!
    water racer likes this.
  19. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

That pic has been floating around the Berg sites and it is apparently a Berg Europe Mgrs kid.

It is a 250XCF with Berg clothes.
  20. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Norman the guys over there on the GG fourm are very cool and some of them already know how good the Huskys are.