1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Unless Husky Comes Out With A New 2t I've Narrowed My Choices Down To Two.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by lankydoug, Feb 9, 2012.

1. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    GG 125 sales are very low and since they make a 200 I doubt they would make a 150. Husky has got GasGas beat in price hands down.
  2. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    Got this from Racer X online
    AMA Pro Motocross.
    Maximum sound level before the race:
    115dB/A
    116 dB/A (measured with a class 1 meter: 115 dB/A + 1 dB/A)
    117 dB/A (measured with a class 2 meter: 115 dB/A + 2 dB/A)
    Maximum sound level after the race:
    116 dB/A (115 dB/A + 1dB/A)
    117 dB/A (with a class 1 meter: 116 dB/A + 1 dB/A)
    118 dB/A (with a class 2 meter: 116 dB/A + 2 dB/A)

Was just looking in the manual for my old 1994 wxe 250 and it indicates no more than 82dB at 7200 rpm!
  3. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    agreed...the Gasgasrider.org guys are cool and very helpfull.....My biggest thing besides feeling small....was it ws like working on a mut....little of this and a little of that...and a lot of those star bits....

if I was 5'6" i would be riding one still...
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I go over there and the guys are nice and helpful. but saying you're going to put a 165 kit on your '08 and really promoting a new Husky, as the alternative to a new GG might not be received the same way. I really think you should consider a '12 Husky 144 over the 12 GG 200, but I'm not going to tell anyone that on GG forum.... I think Clay would be offended.
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I waited for a new Husky and it just didn't happen. I wouldn't get a new Husky because they don't make a new 2-stroke Husky. Silver rims on the same bike just didn't do it for me. With my soon to be 165 I will most likely go with a 2012 GG 250. I honestly don't think people should take offence to having another option when they are asking for input. BTW from reading the many post Clay has made I don't think he would take any offence to your advice on the 2012 Husky 125/144 and if I didn't have the 144/165 I might just get a 2012 Husky; awesome bikes.
  6. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    It seems to me that the 144 is the most updated 2t Husky. I would have bought one instead of my 250 but at 6'6" and 215lbs + sometimes riding at high altitude I thought I'd do better with a little more low end power. If Husky put a DI 175 or 200 in the 125 frame I think I would forget about the Ossa and go with the proven handling of the Husky. When I hear the sound of the DI snow machines my first thought is I want that in a dirt bike.

I think the GasGas forum has a great core of members and would fairly consider your opinion about bikes, just don't say a negative word about GoFasters... Not even joking... Ask me how I know. Lol. I can honestly say it pissed me off so much I seriously considered placing my EC200DE for sale or trade for a 125/144 Husky on the GasGas forum.
    454x likes this.
  7. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Postage thread?
  8. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    That one and the one about stickers.
  9. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I have an excellent Yamaha dealer in MO and I'd buy a Yamaha in a second if they made a 2t enduro that you could turn in the woods. I wish I lived close to Bills BMP they are awesome. Halls is ok but I have zero love for GoFasters. Just my opinion based on my experience, you're welcome to disagree with me.
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If I lived close to Bills or Halls I'd be broke. I've had really good luck with Hall's on parts. Their carb stuff they sent for my 2010 TC 250 is awesome.
    lankydoug likes this.
  11. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    +1 Halls is top notch. I said they were ok but they are much better than ok.
  12. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Bill has a really good arrangement with his shipping company and can ship bikes cheap.
  13. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I agree and when I lived in OK I bought my new in the crate WR250 from him and it only cost about $200 shipping.
  14. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    I don't think you will want a 250... The 165 will have the bottom end, and turn a lot better imo...
  15. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I hope you are right that way I'll only need to buy one new bike :).
  16. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

It was the "revolutionary" thinking that convinced me to buy a BMW G450X a few years ago - Coaxial swinging arm, clutch on the end of the crankshaft, fuel tank under the seat etc etc brilliant I thought. It was nothing but trouble, awful to ride and even more difficult to sell. Making sweeping changes and starting with a clean sheet of paper doesn't always work.
    Gotlabs and MOTORHEAD like this.
  17. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Ah, I wish I'd remembered that one for my earlier post. I was impressed, too, but it sure didn't pan out. Now BMW thinks I'd actually spend 8 grand to see if they got it right the second time, since it's a Husky?

That was about as big a flop as the Cannondale.

They can't even pay guys enough money to race that thing! :lol:
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Was simply bad decisions as the husky version of that bike is great. Most say with good suspension the G450X is a great bike. As delivered it suffered big time.
  19. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    The only bike I ever bought without riding was my WR250 and I like it the best of any I've had. The Ossa looks like it would be great with all the weight low and centered but you never know, it might want to deflect off everything. To their credit they are using top notch components like Ohlins suspension so it should work out. My Husky will be a hard act to follow and rest assured I will ride it's replacement and it is going to have to be better or I'll own 2 Huskys.
  20. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Same here, my WR300 is the only bike I've bought without riding (mostly due to what I read on this site) and I highly doubt I will ever find a replacement for it. The next bikes we get will be a set of WR125/144/165s, one for me and one for my daughter.....or maybe two for me and my daughter can keep riding her coughktmcough.

I would love to get some seat time on a GG but no one I know has one locally. Orange is out of the question, TM is always an option since I love the exotic bikes. The Ossa looks cool, but like the BMW I will watch from a distance.