1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Unless Husky Comes Out With A New 2t I've Narrowed My Choices Down To Two.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by lankydoug, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I heard so many gripes about the WR line, that if I hadn't actually ridden the bike first, I probably would have missed out on owning the most comfortable machine I have ever thrown a stubby leg over.:rolleyes:
    Vinduro likes this.
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I wanted to buy a Husky Cr250 ten years ago, but the dirt mags had me afraid of the Husky. I wish I'd have just went for it like I did in '09 and I'd have been happy for the last ten years.
    Motosportz likes this.
  3. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Les at LTR is the one that recommended the Husky to me and told me about the left over 09s. I was thinking of spending $5800 on a left over KTM but the WR250 was $4900 so I figured I could get the suspension done and a few goodies bolted on and it would have to be at least equal to the KTM. As it turned out I got the suspension to my liking on my own without a re-valve so now my WR is really decked out with aftermarket goodies for the starting price of a KTM or GasGas.
    Gotlabs likes this.
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I picked up my 08 CR125 new OTD for $2,999.00! My best bike buy in 40+ years of bike buying.
    lankydoug likes this.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Buddy just bought a 2011 TE310, still has his 07 WR250. We ride mainly gnarly stuff. I don't think the WR is going to see much use anymore. He just keeps raving about the handling, light weight and amazing motor of the TE. IMHO the TE is a much better bike, much more modern and the handling is IMHO much better as is the suspension and ergonomics. When he said he was keeping the WR I said you will never ride it again. He is a Rekluse away from that.
  6. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    Husky great for the tall guy, im 6'4 , walking in the dealer to buy a 300xcw .but as soon as i sat on the wr300 i knew it was the bike for me !!! and 7900 vs 5799 with lights ! so far so good , i love it !! cant wait for the husky to add a 6th gear and e-start
  7. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I know I should never say never but there is 2 things you will likely never see me riding in the woods and they both start with the four letter word four, a four stroke dirt bike and a four wheeler. Before a 4t I would strongly consider a unicycle, pogo-stick or a fat chick. :D
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    You are either a two stroke fan or you're not. My friend learned to ride on four strokes and has ridden them for a while. After convincing her to try one of my two strokes a while back, she has slowly but surely sold all her four stroke bikes and replaced them with two strokes. Why? Because two strokes are "more fun" to ride. I agree. She just bought my old KX250 last week. To each their own!:D
    lankydoug likes this.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Some fat chicks are cool. :D
  10. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    And some are probably more fun to ride than a ........ oh, nevermind.
    Vinduro likes this.
  11. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

windsurf said:
    It was the "revolutionary" thinking that convinced me to buy a BMW G450X a few years ago - Coaxial swinging arm, clutch on the end of the crankshaft, fuel tank under the seat etc etc brilliant I thought. It was nothing but trouble, awful to ride and even more difficult to sell. Making sweeping changes and starting with a clean sheet of paper doesn't always work.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to see the G450X was a stinker out of the box. The frame alone was a pure abortion, not to mention all the other problems.......It was an answer to a question that nobody asked & clearly designed by guys that didn't spend a lot of time off-road.

The new BMW engined Huskies are quite nice and worth giving a try. It seems that everyone that has rode one likes them. I know I did.
  12. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I would consider one a for a Dual Sport, but not a race bike or serious woods bike. Nobody has yet to build a bike with the fuel cell in the rear that has worked for a race bike. Too much tail wagging the dog action going on with that design. Not even in road racing has it panned out.

Huskys EWC team has nobody riding anything but the X-light bikes this year. I can't think of the last time they didn't have a E3 entry.
  13. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Let me suggest that you not make that call til you've spent a day on a new TXC 449 that has been set up for you. You might be pleasantly surprised.
    I hate big 4ts in the woods, but these don't handle or ride like any big 4t I've ever ridden & I've ridden quite a few. These new Husky 4ts feel quite light & nimble with easy power delivery, yet all the power you want when needed.......

Cory Graffunder seemed to manage just fine on his 449's..........
  14. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    TXC 449? or TE 449?
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Agree, it is a far better bike than I had hoped.
  16. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    It might be, but they'd have to loan me one for about a 6 months test ride before I bought it, because it's a $9000.00 OTD roll of the dice I'm not willing to take blindly.

I mean from it's shakey beginings to a bike that nobody seems to want to race....... I'm sorry, I can't invest in that.

Some of the best racers in the world had tons of BMW's money to develop that bike, if nothing else but to fit them, and they still want nothing to do with it.

If U-haul had said last year that he was going to stay with Husky because they had spent two years building the best bike ever and he wanted to stay and race the finished product because it was so good, then I'd be more willing to invest. But we all saw what he rode last year.
  17. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I have one of each and I love to switch back and forth. I am committed to only one wife, but having a 2t and 4t to switch up is kind of like cheatin'!
  18. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I do the same thing water racer; I like them both. I mostly ride the 2010 TC 250 on the MX track. The GG300 and Husky CR144 in the woods but every once in a while I take the TC into the woods where it really does better than any other 4-stroke that I've ridden. If I MX raced for points it would be the TC. If I woods raced for points it would be the CR144 (soon to be WB165). Different strokes for different folks :cheers:.