1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Wait, so engines aren't supposed to compress water?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by BenM, Jun 15, 2016.

1. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125

The C of O never said off road only on the Red Husky
  2. BenM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 WR360 WR125 CR250 WXE250 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    950ADV, 250XC, IT465,
    Just to recap, I just got the bike back together this weekend and rode it about 5 miles around the block. I did not end up splitting the cases as I the rod had no discernible play or bends. Piston was fine as well. Ended up using a liberal amount of 2T oil in the bottom end and putting everything back together. After setting the squish depth, everything went back together fine. No issues and it started up 3rd kick. Still has the same great power as before!

What Walt (and I) concluded was the head was machined so much, that the small amount of material left collapsed before any other damage was done. Guess I got lucky!

Just wanted to say huge thanks to Walt for helping me getting it back up and running. He has provided invaluable support/info on these motors/bikes. Thank you.
    wallybean, NCSteve, rufctr and 2 others like this.
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Bens head had already been heavily milled before we ever started on the big bore conversion. So when the chamber was machined for the extra volume on top of that the head material was really thin. Worked as long as it wasn't compressing something that can't be compressed. Probably saved the rest of the motor as it gave in immediately relieving the pressure. Still had to be a severe shock to the rest of the crank and top end:eek:.
  4. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    I bet anything from normal running temps to cold river water is a shock. Lol
    Good job it was well machined then.