1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Walt's WR-144 Mikuni TMXX Jetting Revealed!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by CelticDude, Dec 11, 2011.

1. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Good stuff there :) Thanks for clearing that up!! Now i have another brain teaser.. We all know that larger slide numbers equal a larger cut out of the slide bottom for more air flow, larger slide number=leaner. What i have never been able to track down with the Mikuni's is what that number represents exactly.

I am pretty sure that with Keihins, the number represents the angle of the cut, larger angle cuts further into the slide. But the cuts start at the same point. The number has nothing to do with millimeters.

I was told that Mikuni numbers represent the millimeters of material removed, but that would mean a fixed angle constant through all slide sizes. WHat i did to my 4.0 was machine the stock cut out 1mm larger based on the diameter of the circle.

Does anyone know what mikuni slide numbers mean exactly??
  2. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

When I was at RB Designs I think he told me that it is actually a fraction of an inch. I think he said 5 is 5/8" 4 is 4/8", etc. I could be remembering wrong though but if you give him a call I am sure he can tell you.
  3. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

I will measure up tonight on a spare 4.0 i have.
  4. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It is the opening size in MM, I Think:excuseme:
  5. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    I have both slides here and there is a lot of difference. The 5.0 slide cutaway taper is wider and a bit taller. I just received my RB Designs modified carb and pulled the slide. Very close to a 5.0 except the taper goes a bit deeper. 5.0 on the left.

4.0 vs 5.0.jpg
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Celtic, quit playing with those Binoculars! :eek: Get that carb on and let's hear how she runs!:thumbsup:
  7. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Wait, Celtic, so the left slide is a 5.0, and the right slide is a RB design modified slide? What did the RB slide start out as???
  8. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    No the 4.0 is on the right. The RB Designs started out as a 4.0.
  9. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

The RB looks about like the one i cut on the mill. I guess im surprised you have a 4.0 stock in your WR. According to the little usb thingy that came with my 11 the WR's got the 5.0 slide? Might be bad info. Hey Celticdude, can you post up some pics of the RB carb??
  10. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Yeah, the stock slide was a 4.0 plus Husky gave me a spare 4.0 as well. :confused: What's interesting is that the RB Designs shipping invoice description states: WR125 Husqvarna 2012 "Experimental Carb Mod"! :eek:

RB Carb Mod.jpg
  11. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

Celt,life is just one big experiment!dan
  12. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That Ron is funny
  13. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Iam running my RB Tmxx jetting like this

30 pj
    16-62 - #2
    470 main
    1 1/2 AS
    5.0 slide

This is with the carb bore to a 39mm on a 144
  14. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Thanks! I didn't go for the 39mm bore because I'm going for a big midrange hit. :D
  15. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well Celtic,
    We know there are at least 2 of them out there. I never really looked at my slip to see if mine was an "expirement" too. I received mine back from RB last Monday but have not had the time to ride the bike, I'm waiting for my needle anyway.
    My WR came with a 4.0 installed and an extra 4.0 slide also. I did opt for the bore on my carb.
  16. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've had my RB carb for a while now. I think it was the first one he did but I am not positive.

I measured the cutouts in my slides last night. The #4 is about 6.5mm and the #5 is about 9mm.
  17. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Is that an rb #5 or mikuni 5?
  18. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Both my slides are stock mikuni ones.
  19. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Is that height or width ? We need both.
  20. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

that is the height. That was just a quck measurement just for comparison. I put my carb back together so I can not really take a closer look.

If you really want to cut one I would call RB and get the exact dimensions. He is a super friendly guy and likes to talk to people.