WAS a nice Sunday to ride........

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ioneater, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry to hear that, hope she heals fast & completely. Sounds like she's got a great attitude wanting to get back on the bike.
  2. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    It's all over but the healing!

Just got the ole girl home today after the 2nd operation. Wow, she's really got a nice pharmacy in the purse! Vicadin, Morphine and Dilaudid. Absolutely no weight on the leg for 12 weeks! The following pics explain why........

In the ER before 1st surgery...

[IMG]
    [IMG]

After 1st surgery with only the Fibula being repaired.....

[IMG]
    [IMG]

After 2nd surgery to repair Tibia......

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Things have gone well according to the surgeons so it's just a matter of letting things heal and physical therapy. She's looking forward to riding the bikes again. I've been taking her Triumph Street Triple out occasionally and am not sure I'll want to give it up when she's ready to hop back on the saddle:D
  3. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Daaaammmmmnnnnn !!
  4. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I'd figure out a way to make some art out of those x-rays.
  5. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    After all is healed say in a year or so will the hardware come out or are the plates and screw there to stay?

That sure look painful... I do feel for your wife. :shocked:

Speedy recovery. :cheers:
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Aw, man...thanks a lot, Ioneater:mad:

I feel totally wimpy now :(

Your wife's hardware totally kicks my hardware's butt :notworthy:

Very similar stuff, but mine doesn't go up as far. Also, it looks like hers doesn't come down as far and thus doesn't cover the little round ankle bone that pokes out on either side of the ankle. That is a positive for her, as that is the only part of the hardware that is proving to be problematic for me. It's the whole reason I can't wear any boots for more than a few minutes other than the ones I broke my ankle in.

Here's a totally crappy photo for comparison...
    [IMG]

Yep, your wife wins...hands down!

WoodsChick
  7. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    1st solo ride after d-day

Well, we're currently moving household stuff after buying our first house and in the process determined the bikes needed to be driven to the new abode only 1.5 miles away. I reluctantly forked over the key I confiscated a month and a half ago to her bike so she could drive it over. She did just fine, of course. I'm getting tired of telling her "NO" on the riding. She has been able to walk on it for a couple of weeks with no support, although there's a very prominent limp and she will go with a crutch after the brief forays without. Yes, the possibility of another injury still exists however, I am no longer able to keep her from riding her own street bike any longer if she really wants to..... I would be doing the same thing if I were in her position:busted: Was good to see her on a bike again, although the dirt side looks to be a couple years away for her.

Also, a general hello to everyone. I've been unable to keep up with this forum and others since June. Hope everyone's having a good time (esp. in the NW while the wx is so nice and warm).
  8. Thorton98 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Glad to hear she's up and running, er walking. Good luck to both of you and keep us up to date with her progress.
  9. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Good to hear things are getting back to normal for her. :thumbsup:

I must admit, seeing those X-rays a few months back made me think twice, many times, about doing a few stupid "old man" tricks on my 300. :lol:
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    That is great news :applause:

I remember getting on a bike after a broken leg, interesting and significant experience.

Me too, and I've been trying!

:lol: