1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WB165 Big Thumbs Up

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by hussy144, Jul 8, 2012.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Is Les back at the job? I hope so as that would mean he is doing well.
  2. slo rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 YZ250
    I don't know if he's back to work quite yet. A guy on my minute last weekend lives near Les and said he's looking good all things considered, but didn't say if LTR was back open.
  3. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

He is back to work
    wallybean likes this.
  4. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165

I actually clicked his banner ad this morning to check if he was back at work, and he is. His prices sure look a lot easier to swallow...
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That's very good to hear.
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Thats awsome news Tim.
  7. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)

I spoke with him last week about shipping my susp. to him, said no problem
  8. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Second good ride today, we did a 5 hour tour of duty at McNutt. This bike is so awesome, I LOVE it now. It lugs and chugs, rips when you need it. I had a drag race up to about 4th gear with my buddy and his KX250 on the gravel road to the trail head, he couldn't gain an inch on the 165. We are equal caliber riders, he weighs a bit more, but was blown away that he couldn't pull on me at all.

Broke my front fender clean off....time for the RMZ fender conversion. ;)
  9. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I am planning a ride at mcnutt sometime, I'll keep my eyes open for another husky rider on the trails!:cheers:.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    While I appreciate the thanks this is all Walt, I am just helping him facilitate the retail side of it as he does not have the means or time to make it happen. Well and i guess the sale side with the massive "I rode the prototype husky 200" thread. Thanks guys.
  11. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The "200" part had me pressing my computer keys very fast to get to the thread :D; excellent strategy Kelly! Walt JUST built the "200" that he could build while Husky BMW sits on the sidelines; bench warmers for Walt. Awesome kit :cheers:.
  12. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165

Send me a PM when you go!
  13. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Sure!:cheers:.
  14. Parh 474 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '73 Cr125, '06 Cr125/144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ossa, Bultaco, Puch, Maico, AJS, Yam
    Never did get my '06 sorted out since making it a 144. Got tired of messing with it and parked it. Has the same issue of breaking up when hard on the gas with 2 different carbs, all kinds of jetting. Must be something else that I can't figure out.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Check to make sure your coil is well grounded and the spark plug cap is good,. Sound electrical and these bikes can suffer from those two things.
  16. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Did you by any chance change the power valve spring ???
    I did a ride this sunday gone and suffered the self same systems, and this was not a one off a friends 125 I fitted a soft large spring and a short stiff inner spring and this also developed a bad case of breaking up trying to accelerate down a long muddy straight
    I tried to jet the things to clear the problem but to no avail so last night I swapped the springs to a previouse set up that was fine in testing and all was fine and back to perfection again
    Shame my gopro decided to pack up as I could of posted the missing on film
    I have no idea why this may of happened (over to Walt ect) but my 144 was way worse than the 125. also when absolutly flat out it ran fine it was just under hard acceleration it was breaking up real bad
    Worth a try as these things are brilliant when running strong

DSC_0545.jpg
  17. Parh 474 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '73 Cr125, '06 Cr125/144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ossa, Bultaco, Puch, Maico, AJS, Yam
    It would be weird to develop ignition problems by just changing the top end and pipe, but weirder things have happened.

I've tried a couple different power valve spring set-ups w/o big changes. Although to be honest, I'm relying on reports from my 15 yr old kid. If you get the power valve mechanism a tooth out, what happens?
  18. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Pick my 125 up sunday and am looking at this kit ive spoken briEfly with kelly about prices but not this exhaust. I like the over run on the 125, so this new exhaust your talking about does this fit the standard muffler and will you sell this exhaust with the new kit?
  19. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I am not having any real luck getting the top end pipe I like copied. So far the least cost I have been quoted is $600 so I am a bit disapointed. There are a couple of pipes that I can get for you and modify for more top end oriented riders. The cost is going to be more because my initial cost is going to be higher.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The PC pipe Blake is running is much like stock and revs well. Spud, you might just find a KTM 200 ProCircuit pipe and have someone local to you mod it to fit. Just needs to be an OK welder and have a saw. Not a huge deal. IMHO the FMF pipe is brilliant power wise and I dont need anything else. I will be running a Doma KTM 200 pipe but just cuz i happened to snag one of eBay for cheap and i love every Dome pipe i have tried.