1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Wb165 Jetting, Exhaust, Engine Setup

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Norman Foley, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tnttimber Husqvarna
    AA Class

Walt,

The pilot makes sense but the clip position and main seem awfully rich for such high elevation, is the gas your running oxygenated or does the 165 just like fuel? If you need to be that rich between 4 and 8000, I wonder what I will need for the high comp 165 between 1 and 4000?

Nate
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Nate,

That is actually the same jetting as I was running in my high comp 144. The RB Designs work let me reduce my main and my needle versus before. My other stock tmxx was running a 16-61 in the 4th and a 480 main with the 165. Really dry air of about 15% humidity kind of makes up for some of the altitude. Also my pipe isn't the best as it is a frankenstein gobbled together out of a bunch of parts. Out of FMF Fatty's and I am sure that it will be a month or more before I have an extra sitting here to bolt on. Just want to keep the kit buyers in pipes for right now.

I don't know if you can tell but I was very pleased with the results from the RB Design mods. Bottom end/early mid response is equal or better than the PWK airstriker and top end is better although I am not there very much. I also didn't have to do any monkeying around to keep it running well with the elevation change. :thumbsup: With the stock 125 pipe this motor screams with this carb. It was pulling hard all the way to near 12K. Definitely a little short on bottom/mid but revs out better than any of the pwk motors I have ridden. You should try yours with the stock pipe and the 165 before you mount up the fatty just for a comparison.

One other thing I didn't have to make any jetting changes with the 165 going to sea level with the PWK airstriker and would expect the same with the RB tmxx carb.
  3. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Walt, nice to hear you finally got the new bike out. It will be intersting to see how you make out with the clutch. What knid of auto clutch have you been using on the 165s?
  4. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

New Bike ! Walt your full a surprises.....
  5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Steve,

I was running the EFM auto clutch, just works effortlessly and forever. Thought I would try the new core exp with the new left hand rear brake set up. My 09 is now a 144 and used for a saw bike. If I can't get the exp to handle the larger torque I will just swap it into the saw bike and install the efm in the '12. Of course if I can ever get ahead on the 165 kits then the 144 will become one.

Kevin,

Bill made me a deal I couldn't refuse and so my WR360 is onto a new life with hopefully a new owner that appreciates its fine qualities.
  6. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Walt , you are living the dream. :)
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Actually I am dreaming of having a life.
    Motosportz and Blakelpd5 like this.
  8. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    2009 WB165

Carb = TMXX 38
    Pipe & Silencer = 200SX FMF Fatty / TurbineCore 2
    Other engine mods = 0.7 Base Gasket, PowerNow divider, iBooster
    Premix ratio & fuel type = Amsoil Dominator 44:1, Sunoco Supreme 112 Leaded
    Gearing = 13/50
    Temperature range (deg F) = ~80F, humid
    Elevation (feet) = ~500 - 1000ft
    Main jet = 470
    Pilot jet = 30
    Needle = 6CHY17-62
    Clip position = 3
    Air screw setting = 1.5
    Slide = 5.0
    Plug = BR9EIX gapped to 0.023

Conclusions/Results: Awesome :D
  9. tnttimber Husqvarna
    AA Class

2012 CR165

RB carb mods, the works
    Main- 450
    Pilot- 50
    BFY-43-74 #3
    2.5 air screw
    25% race gas/pump mix
    50-1 Amsoil dominator
    stock pipe, Leo Vince silencer

I had no luck with the Suzuki needle, it was way to fat on the bottom and I could not get it to run clean. The settings above are almost perfect for me but once in a while I will get that "yang, yang yang" when going from full throttle operation to slowing down and down shifting.
  10. dea9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR150, 2004 CR125, 2006 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC200
    hi tnttimber,

I've created a true 2T jetting database in Google Documents, and made it publicly available and editable.

Here's a link to that post from MattR:

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/2-stroke-jetting-databases.23314/#post-244479

Think you'd be willing to be the first victim user of it?

Try entering your info at the bottom, and then filter the bike size and carb columns to see other people with your similar setup. I'm still working on making a "how to guide" built into it.

thanks!
    - dan
  11. tnttimber Husqvarna
    AA Class

Done. Line 31. Cool database Dan.
  12. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.