1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WB165 piston and cylinder pics

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Blakelpd5, Mar 1, 2013.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The kit has no real longevity issues from the use of a single ring. Maintains its compression for many, many hours. No sense adding expense and increased friction when it is not needed. JMO
    pvduke, Motosportz and Parfo79 like this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Never seen that on a husky 125 or most any other modern 125. No need and probably no room above the ports to do so is my guess. Also why change something that works. These are very long lasting and another ring would make it more expensive and the piston heavier. Not broke, don't fix it. Still EZ to get piles of compression.
  3. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Plus the second ring doesn't really help in actual performance except on a 4t where it helps wipe the cylinder of engine oil and creates a low pressure area below the top ring. It might help with the leak-down readings but doesn't add to performance like you think it would. I think a 2nd ring would add friction and wear to the cylinder without a measurable gain in HP so why do it.
    Motosportz likes this.
  4. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I thought a second ring would help control blowby
  5. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    nope, once the first ring wears out or gets beyond spec the second one gets fouled, or is already as worn. one is nice on a 2T. less parasitic drag, mass flying around at 9 gillion revs, list is long and proven. its a good thing.