Well....it's been fun....

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, May 2, 2012.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Not in my county YET....but older two and four stroke outboards are banned outright from some lakes in the state. Newer fuel injected models have to have the EPA rating approval sticker on them.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This might sound a little over the top ...but consider moving to a new location to live ... As time goes by, this idea may not sound so radical ... we live ~once ...choose wisely grasshopper :0 )
    lankydoug likes this.
  3. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    That sentiment is not lost on Californians. They have been ex-migrating
  4. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Unfortunately just as many tree huggin' Californians are moving and trying to change the government policies to screw up the states they move to.

On another note one must consider the kind of pollution that an engine is making. I get that an old 2t boat would put oil directly in to the water but solid particulate like diesel soot and spooge from a 2t is mostly carbon that breaks down rapidly and actually becomes a fertilizer to the ground is settles on. The really bad stuff is the NOx that is invisible which is produced when a late model car is running lean on crappy fuel and pinging which causes O2 molecules to attach to nitrogen in various concoctions which can be deadly and in fact some are forms of nerve gas. These are also light and stay suspended in the air for your breathing pleasure.

My personal belief is that the tree hugging crowd will use any tactic to "preserve" the land that is owned by the people so that future generations can grow up and also be banned from enjoying it.
    cowboy86 and Dirtdame like this.
  5. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I believe you mean "emigrating."

Well said!
  6. Robert Gulden Husqvarna
    A Class

First, that's a really tidy looking bike. Nice job on that, but secondly, I have to say that California is a craphole for so many reasons. It's ironic to me that Americans are soooo proud of their freedom, but we have been boxed in just as much, if not more in many ways, than the rest of the planet. Jesus god, you sure as heck don't need a sticker to ride in Slovenia, or even Russia. Like I said...ironic.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    The world is flat...Cigarettes don't cause cancer... madoff acted alone... They hate us because we are free ... Just a few more follies pumped out today and from the past for consumption ... You have but 1 life grasshopper ... choose wisely ...

Freedom in the usa is almost another folly ... People have had their freedom eroded slowly, like your bike loosing HP slowly over time due to weak rings or whatever, that they really do not realize what they have lost and just accept what ever is pumped to them...

The first thing I have to realize when I come back to the states is: What are the laws and what can I do and not do in order to NOT get put in jail or have my wallet highjacked .. A.K.A don't loose my freedom.

It also seems apparent that the GOV, local ESP, feed off its people in the form of laws created that generate $$ off tickets of its citizens .. Maybe this is just the way the civilized world operates?
  8. Robert Gulden Husqvarna
    A Class

I was almost afraid to look at your post ray ray. I thought maybe someone might be offended that I had "dissed" California, or the US. Thank you for not scolding me!
  9. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Next thing you know you will only be able to drive your car on days that start with a "T".... In California.
  10. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Bike's looking good, Mimi! :thumbsup:

Anytime you get the chance you need to load that little gem up and bring it up here. We've got good year-round red sticker riding up in the mountains. Good stuff!
    Dirtdame likes this.
  11. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, IT490 a few others.
    2013 Lake Mead Recreation area bans 2 stroke PWC!
    http://www.nps.gov/lake/parkmgmt/twostroke.htm

You can ride Red stickers Year round in Southern California where smog, Bike and humans will burn up :mad: or night ride :excuseme:
    http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1234/files/2007 carb revised riding seasons.pdf

Since we are on the roll of CA politics at its best :censored: , a few of those favorite Street legal dirt roads could be closed!

Fed link;
    http://www.fs.fed.us/nepa/fs-usda-pop.php/?project=35130

Edited news clip I found.
    THE ROADLESS QUEST -
    Portions of Forest Service land in southern California
    that now contain roads will ultimately have some of their roads
    redesignated as "Back Country Non-Motorized" or "Recommended
    Wilderness" under a plan now being put forward by the Forest
    Service (only Congress can officially designate areas as
    Wilderness).

Public workshops will be held at various locations from May 29 to June 5, 2012.

The anticipated downgrading or elimination of some roads
    is due to an out-of-court settlement between the Center for
    Biological Diversity and the United States Department of
    Agriculture (which translates to the Forest Service in this case).
    Several other entities joined forces in bringing about the
    underlying 'roadless lawsuit' including the Wilderness Society
    and the State of California (by then Attorney General Edmund G.
    Brown Jr.).

We say "roadless" because large sections of Forest Service
    land already carry a roadless designation and the plaintiffs
    apparently want the word roadless to really mean roadless despite
    the clear need for roads in certain situations. In southern
    California forests, existing Inventoried Roadless Areas ("IRAs")
    total approximately 1.1 million acres, or about thirty-two percent
    of our local National Forest System lands. So, if you rely on a
    road in one of those Inventoried Roadless Areas, the road could
    disappear or you could become a "non-motorized hiker"
    benwiggin2 likes this.
  12. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    We know how that works. "They" say that not all roads will be closed to the public. On paper, it looks like some roads are still open in an area, but if you were to look at the map of the area, you would see that the roads that are designated to remain open are only accessible by roads that have been designated closed. Welp, that takes care of that!:mad:
  13. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Catch-22.
    Desertyucca likes this.
  14. benwiggin2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008Te510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 HD Dyna

Even more bad news in today's CN

http://cyclenews.coverleaf.com/cyclenews/20120604#pg21
  15. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
  16. benwiggin2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008Te510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 HD Dyna
    Good then! I was getting more and more depressed!
    Desertyucca likes this.
  17. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Updated info:
    On the positive side, a number of mountain bikers are opposing further Wilderness designations which would mean more roadless areas and loss of access. However, there are other voices calling for even more Wilderness zones, so this proceeding deserves watching.

The advantage of filing a written comment, no matter how brief, is that the Forest Service will put your name and e-dress on file and notify you when the next step arrives later this year.

If you would like to file a comment in this, the first window where comments are invited, you must do so by Monday, June 11. Here is the direct link to the Forest Service's designated comment page:

https://cara.ecosystem-management.org/Public/CommentInput?Project=35130
  18. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Thanks for the post. Our local forum SDAR is always keeping us up to date on the land issues. We sent about 4 representatives to a meeting about this in Redlands last week. I am sorry to say that San Diego Adventure Riders was the group there that represented the motorcycling community. Most of people attending were from 4X4 clubs. I have noticed that most offroad motorcyclists are quick to complain about land closures, but very reluctant to get informed and become actively involved in the process of keeping their public riding areas open.
    Desertyucca likes this.
  19. benwiggin2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008Te510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 HD Dyna
  20. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Good to see some Representation for the dual sport group!
    Cafe Husky has good SEO.. the rankings for search engines will draw people to this forum! Not a bad Idea to post important information in many different forums. :D