1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st What did you do to your Husky today?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by firedog55, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Daniel B Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sms 125 - WR engine and 36mm carb
    Other Motorcycles:
    Customised Yamaha Zuma 50
    Its a road bike,a 2008 SM 125,with a few mods,still not as powerful or revy as Cr or Wr,but you may have a point and I will check the big end.
  2. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    Since my engine is on the slow train back from being fiddled with by Walt (:D) I decided to strip the bike down and repaint it. Didn't find anything too scary other than a broken bushing in the swing arm bearing/pivot. The foot peg and kick stand pivot holes are egged out a bit, so some welding and new hardware will be needed there.

Before:

[IMG]

After:

I haven't done it yet :p
    juicypips and NCSteve like this.
  3. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    Forgive me fathers for it has been quite a while since my last confession. Since my last update I've installed 165 kit (woohoo every time I ride), replace fork oil (big improvement considering the original oil had very few hrs on it), fitted trail tech endurance speedo (original failed), fitted b/stone X30 rear and Pirelli mid soft front tyres, installed Tubliss to f&r wheels, fitted 5.6kg/mm rear spring (massive improvement in rear suspension plushness and stroke control), finally settled on which needle to run (N1EE for winter N1EF for summer), washed and polished it a hundred times and finally....turned the throttle and made ningningning noises more often than I care to admit.

Do I have a problem....probably. Do I care....NO!!!
  4. Ran Caulfield Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 Wr300,13 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    none at the mo
    After following advice from CH members decided to bite the bullet on new front guard for my 300(original was toast)
    Also fitted 5.4 rear sping to my 125 so keen to see what difference that makes,sunday with a bit of luck? lowred float level as well on 125 as has been a bitch to start when cold seems to flood easily. P1010397.JPG
    NCSteve, Oldscool and shawbagga like this.
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Nice Ran. Hav u got a carpeted garage? Nice placement of lectron stickers exactly where mine are on both bikes. N cut down side panels too! Fender fit up easy enough? Shoulda only had to drill 2 holes?!
    Ran Caulfield likes this.
  6. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    I like any man with a drawer marked "hammers"!
    NCSteve likes this.
  7. Ran Caulfield Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 Wr300,13 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    none at the mo

Yeah had to drill two front holes and put to washers to pack the rear to get clearance on the rad guards,yeah carpet in the workshop bit silly really,up for reno's soon so all will change(more room for bikes hopefully)
  8. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Haha carpet good in winter!
  9. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    After:

[IMG]

This is what the peg mounts looked like before welding them up

[IMG]
    Rob09 and Ran Caulfield like this.
  10. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    Look who is back from their trip to see mr. wallybean!

[IMG]
    shawbagga, juicypips and Dirtdame like this.
  11. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Today I took some pictures of Mr. Fleahoney after I finally got around to endurizing him with lights a few days ago!:banana:

[IMG]

I mounted up the lights and switch....
    [IMG]

built a wiring harness and plugged the hot side into the only unused yellow lead dangling out of the OEM wiring harness, got the other side grounded, fired up the little bike, hit the switch and got lights! I had originally opted for the tucked in cable keeper that comes on the 07 TEs, but the front brake hose is too short for that, so I put a less fashionable option on the front of the plate, but at least the hose won't hang up on the plate this way.
    [IMG]

I added a bit of foam to the underside of the rear fender to cut down on vibration of the tail light assembly too.
    [IMG]

Now, I'm all ready for red sticker season and any ride that might go a little late into the evening.:thumbsup:
    [IMG]
  12. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Rad lookin bike dirtdame. Headlight looks good. I did the foam trick even with my oem tail light.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  13. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)
    INstalled an IMS 3 Gallon tank and HAD to go out to "test it". Peace of mind and now ready for proper XC and Enduro events.

Attached Files:

NCSteve, Oldscool and Dirtdame like this.
  14. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    It lives! I've done a few heat cycles and just went over to the common grounds for some light braaping. That extra 12 cc's is immediately noticeable.

[IMG]
  15. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Really interested in how you like it compared to the 165 :cheers:
  16. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    Got a few more hours on the 177. It rides the same as the 165 but just has *more* when you give it some throttle. I've had a few times where I'd flick the clutch to lighten the front end to get over something just to launch the entire bike instead. Yup, I well and truly cleared that small rock/stick/root and am now off in the brush because I missed the turn :lol:

Also my new seat cover/foam arrived today. I need to find my stapler now. The seat concepts was still very comfy but it wasn't grippy any more. Plus it was starting to come apart/wearing holes in it after a few years of service.

[IMG]
    NCSteve and juicypips like this.
  17. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    Gots a sol, why the little fisheye mirror on the tank??

Please don't tell us how good the 177 performs cos I'm still in the doghouse for gettin the 165 kit (well worth it though) lol.
    gots_a_sol likes this.
  18. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    The mirror is so I can check my gopro. Saves a lot of asking 'is this on? is the light blinking?' on the start line/at stops on the trail.
    Oldscool and Dirtdame like this.
  19. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I like it! It wouldn't work with mine though, after it got water inside the cracked protective case. Everything still works except the front "running" light, so I have rely on the LCD display or the remote to see if it's running.:(
  20. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    :mad:

[IMG]

This happened on the start line of a race. 10 SECONDS!........ GO! SNAP! FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWK. I pushed the bike over to the side and a spectator grabbed the lever for me, which I shoved in my pocket then bump started the bike and went. I managed to not stall the entire race, but I feel like I was being overly cautious and not riding as aggressive as I could have. Finished 11/20 in class which isn't bad considering I started after the next row even (1 min intervals)
    juicypips likes this.