1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st What did you do to your Husky today?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by firedog55, Jan 14, 2015.

1. gwynfryn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr250
    So how do they compare? What year WR?
    Myles Walshe likes this.
  2. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Been and gone, TL1000R & FIreblade
    It was a 2008.. it was a great bike amd i took good care of her but now I've got into trail riding (green lanining in the uk) the electric start was a must (well, that's what i told myself :rolleyes: )

The TE300 feels like it has a lot more low down power, but as it's brand new and not run in I've not really opened it up. I'm doing 120 mile run in sunday so should get a better idea on handling etc then but first impressions are very good, and i love the e start!..

Here is my wr250 on ebay
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=131460864358&globalID=EBAY-GB&alt=web oh, and ps the dealer hasn't even cleaned it, it was exactly like this when I traded it in. Sad she has gone but she'll make someone else happy. Only has 44 hours on her too!
  3. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Had a good look at your old bike today and must say it really has had a nice easy life, Martin said he may buy it for a bit of laneing as he still has a soft spot for the old Huskys, Even he he dosnt buy it it should make someone happy as it is a good clean example.
    Myles Walshe likes this.
  4. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    good looking rig johnny!:thumbsup: bombed up to the hilt!
  5. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    yeh that bike is crazy - love the forks
    looks like a lot of pounds have gone into it
    would like to know more about it
  6. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    New ergo's for me and lovin' it. Can't believe how much better the bike feels now.

new-ergos-1.jpg

That's ProTaper Woods High bars and EE 5/8" bar risers and mounts, which I got used here, G2 guards and throttle, Moose EZ3 clutch assembly, really nice Domino grips, Terminator clutch cable too. Photo is before I adjusted the Rekluse and fine tuned everything.

domino-g2-1.jpg

The Domino effect :)

domino-g2-2.jpg

G2 goodness, really nice stuff!

ez3-2.jpg

cont....
    juicypips likes this.
  7. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    ez3-1.jpg

EZ3 clutch lever has 3 different slots for different leverage, works great.

Old bars with EE hand guards were 33 1/2" wide, new bars are trimmed to 29 3/4" and with G2 guards = 31 1/2. It was a tight fit especially with throttle and fr brake on the narrow bars, clutch perch ended up pushed right to the edge of the bar bend.
    Again, really really surprised how much better this set up works for me. Had a great ride, moving around on the bike much better, much more comfortable and faster :thumbsup: The effect of the G2 throttle was very noticeable, much smoother transition @ first 1/3 - 1/2 throttle action, makes the mid range seem even wider, but still plenty of twist left for the top.

:cheers:
    Bob Kingsley and Petar like this.
  8. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    im not using a g2 tamer unit but changed my 360 throttle from 68 degree to 80, made a big difference. the 68 would be welcome on something that was softer on the bottom. im sure you know what i mean with that 300!
  9. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Yeah, the 300 needs a little taming for slick woods riding, but I still want to twist it's neck on the fireroads. Current setup is a big improvement:
    Rekluse w/EZ3 lever and Terminator cable, Lectron w/G2 throttle, QStealth and 13/46 gearing. Still have a Gnarly pipe to install too and 14/48 gears.
    Basic G2 Tamer comes with 400 cam which seems to be a proper 1/4 turn/90 degree. Not sure about the stocker, but the G2 seems to have at least 10 degree more twist. It's a really great combo with the Lectron and then with the Rekluse it really does feel like cheatin'
    Today's ride was the best yet, really happy with the bike at this point. I was at race speed (for me :rolleyes: ) for most of an hour and 1/2, no spills which is a first, plenty of thrills and nothing broke or fell off.

10. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    is the clutch a direct swap over Steve? no adjusting or new cable required?
  11. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    If you mean the EZ3 lever and perch I'm sure it's designed to work with the stock cable. I installed a Terminator cable at the same time and had to adjust for the Rekluse. To me the Terminator cable is too long, I have all adjusters max'd out and Rekluse is still dragging a little. I need to have a look at the Rekluse though. It's the only original mod by the PO I haven't replaced or reinstalled.
  12. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Been and gone, TL1000R & FIreblade
    Thanks Johnnyboy. Definitely had an easy life as I'm no flat out loony much as i wish i could be!.. talent lets me down :)
    I only went on the lanes once, end of feb, and it was great. Was using about 3ltrs of fuel for 40 miles of fairly easy paced riding. Has the lectron on already too. Good solid bike really.
  13. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    Just getting it set for the races.linkage bushing. IMG_20150324_114635213.jpg
  14. Miezie666 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2x YZ 125, 1x YZ250 2005, XT600 2KF
    IMG_20150329_192505.jpg

Put New backround Stickers onto my 2013 WR125, First race 2015 is only a few weeks ahead!
    Petar and NCSteve like this.
  15. Bob Kingsley Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2003 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    94 KTM 440EXC, 96 HARLEY FATBOY
    Got mine muddy...now it looks better
  16. Bob Kingsley Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2003 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    94 KTM 440EXC, 96 HARLEY FATBOY
  17. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    added a meter to my 125.:thumbsup::banana:
    [IMG]
  18. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    I need a speedo/odo/clock too and guess the Endurance II is pretty much THE choice. All good? Using the stock mount?

19. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Using the mount that came with the meter. It's just a pain to put on the bar because everything has to be removed from the side of the bar that you are going to put the mount on. Other than that, it's all straight forward. The speedo wire pickup threads right into the hole on the caliper mount, and then it's just snug the cable under the clamp on the fork guard, route and zip tie.
    NCSteve likes this.
  20. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    I run the same one but with their billet mount. Fits behind the stock headlight mask but not the standard number plate.

Mine has been installed for 2 years now. Only issue has been the internal battery going dead which resets the mileage back to zero.

[IMG]
    Bob Kingsley, Dirtdame and NCSteve like this.