1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st What did you do to your Husky today?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by firedog55, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Miezie666 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2x YZ 125, 1x YZ250 2005, XT600 2KF
    All These parts to pass emissions are hardly used- when i got my bike- the dealer handed a box over where all this rubbish has been into... i never touched it since.
    shawbagga likes this.
  2. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Was having a great ride on my new fav loop yesterday, getting air through a series of water breaks that have eroded into to nice rollers. Ooops, that big branch wasn't hanging over the trail last time, bonk! swap, body slam, ouch! Dayam she plays rough sometimes. No serious damage, but had to limp home with tweaked forks, sprained ankle and bruised clutch hand. Landed hard enough to loose the vent cover on top of my helmet. No Sunday ride for me :cry:
  3. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    i guess in these times its good for you AND the bike you were at least able to limp home. i guess in a way thats a win.
  4. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Thanks for the reminder, I'll keep repeating that as I un-tweak my front end and dig the trail trash out of all the nooks and crannys. :thumbsup:
  5. Chef Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 Cr165, 09 Wr165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 Husaberg FE650, 07 BMW 650 Dakar
    09 144. I raced it! First xc of the season. I ended up first in the over 50 B class. Last weekend, first enduro, first place over 50 B class
    It loves the tight stuff. It loves being the smallest bike in the class. It loves passing the bigger bikes.
    Idacurt, marcmo0 and johnnyboy like this.
  6. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Excellent, congrat's! Where's the pics?

:cheers:
  7. Chef Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 Cr165, 09 Wr165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Can't seem to load pics from iPad or phone. I'll see if I can do it later. Lunch break now. Been out trail riding with the kids. They ride my race bike. I ride an 08 cr125 on the trails and they ride the wr144. Less hit for them is better. Pretty versatile bikes!
  8. Chef Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 Cr165, 09 Wr165
    Other Motorcycles:
  9. husky jim Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 WR300, 87 430wr, 86 430ae, Tr650
    Installed a New Rear Tire!! It's a Moto Z mountain hybrid. If it works as good as it looks It should be a Great Tire.
    Anyone else running one? if so what psi? I also using a Ultra HD tube from Michelin.

tire.JPG

View attachment 56110

tire2.JPG

tire3.JPG
    Petar likes this.
  10. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    I usually run 6-8 psi.
  11. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    New Motoz Tractionator S/T followed by 50 miles of this :) braap.jpg Big trees.jpg Motoz.jpg Rhodie.jpg
    NCSteve likes this.
  12. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Nice, interested in how that tire works for you and which size you got.
  13. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250

It worked great! 120/90x18 and I ended up about 8psi or maybe 10psi. I started off at 12 and it was way too much. I run an ultra HD tube and was a little nervous of such a low pressure setting, but it gave me no fits. So far I have about 80 or 90 miles on them in the past 2 days and the tread blocks are just barely showing some rounding off. Excellent cornering, hookup and braking. If it holds up as well as they say, it will be replaced with another when the time comes.
    NCSteve likes this.
  14. motorpsycho Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R, Suzuki GT550
    Ordered a new kick starter shaft....
    :banghead:
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    My 08 WR250 Husky took me to the mountains and back home ...
    102_0039_result.JPG
    Dyowie, 454x, Chef and 2 others like this.
  16. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Sounds great, thanks. So running on any hard surfaces, especially fast fire roads?
    I'd love max traction in the woods, but I do @ 7 miles of hard, rocky, fast fire roads (and love it!) to get to my local trails. Stock Michelin Enduro Comp tires started chunking on day 1, even the front. Have been sticking to IT tires, but wondering if any of the better ST tires can handle @ 25% HT.

:cheers:
  17. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Quite a few minor mods and repairs over the last couple of weeks. Most irritating and effective has been finding a big crack at the inside crease of the carb intake boot. :thumbsdown: What a POS! Was also separating on the inside where the rubber mates to the metal base. New OEM seems like harder material and measured 2mm smaller ID, so tight fit. Plus side is bike runs much better and Lectron tuning now makes sense.

Also playing with gears, chain length, tire combos. Waiting on a 49T rear sprocket and 114 link chain to test 14:49/3.50. With my former somewhat worn rear tire I shortened the chain to 110 links and liked the shorter wheelbase after adjusting the forks, but the clearance to the mudflap was minimal.
    Installed a Kenda 120/100, replacing IRC 5.10, hoping it would be true to size and smaller, but it's a big SOB and have to run 112 link chain and then re-adjust forks to compensate. Def prefer the shorter chain/wheelbase and hope the 14:49 combo will do it. More later....

Fav improvement lately has been EBC X red, carbon brake pads on the front. Excellent feel, feedback and stopping power and seem to be wearing well.
    Did the rear too, but with EBC sintered copper pads which are excellent too. I ordered the EBC MXS kit for both front and back which include new hardware, so both ends got new brake pins and cotter pins. Also cleaned, greased and bled out most of the old fluid. Now I have the best brakes ever on a dirt bike for me. :thumbsup:

Another pos, had all the body work off with the carb repair, fairly pissed and checked it from end to end for any other nonsense I might have missed. Don't know if they're all alike, but I have a pretty big bundle of excess wire tied underneath the top tube. Knocked the crud off it and realized there was a Reg/Rectifier under it! From what I've read a lot of the BMW/Huskys didn't come with a R/R, so am happy to find it.

Great riding here when it's not raining

new-loop-11.jpg
    Fresh grass track with flowers :cheers:
    ray_ray and Petar like this.
  18. Kevin Sorce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Yamaha YZ250, Aprilia RST1000
    What did I do to my Husky today......almost done with my resto-mod of my 1999 WR250. No stone left unturned. Its easier to list what I still want / need to do....like newer bark busters, modify a front disc guard for a newer year WR to fit, Hyde skid plate, new foot pegs, VForce3 reed block.

Some of the most fruitful mods to date were the PWK 38 Airstriker, from a 2000 Honda CR250, changed jetting for the Husky and was the biggest transformation in how the bike runs. WER suspension revalve. Drew does amazing work with the zokes or any fork for that matter. Graphics are the design from the 2014 Husky TE overlaid on the 1999 templates. GraphicMX in Butler PA did these for me. He can basically do whatever you think of and he uses the best thick vinyl that is the strongest I have ever seen.

Attached Files:

ray_ray, husky jim, 2premo and 2 others like this.
  19. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    That's a good looking bike :thumbsup:
  20. db-89 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    4 honda's
    competed in my 3rd hare and hound last weekend, was ran off track by a gas gas wanker and hit a tree hard with my head. finished 12 in class on a wr125 with lost time, could be in the top 10 after a lap recount due to bad organising.hit the local mx track for some speed practice the weekend and got a shiny rad brace because i like dropping the bike :D