What did you do to your SWM....

Discussion in 'Husqvarna Cousins - Cagiva, etc' started by Oldscool, Aug 15, 2017.

1. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Just put the 650 "X" model wind screen on and replaced the squealy front pads.
    Getting a kush drive real wheel-on order and having the latest engine map updated this coming friday.
  2. ex-xt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    a clone mixed italian/swedish
    Other Motorcycles:
    SWM 300 , RE himalayan 410
  3. vsaltao Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400E, DL650
    I will ask but they will not know ;).
    But from what i have seen the Safari tank is different from the te630/510 so i guess in swm is the same thing (650/500) and the stock wont fit.
    Regarding following the Portuguese border, check "tet europe" in google, you can do all Iberia on offroad (and the rest of europe also).
  4. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    I'm pretty sure that the RS650 uses a different chassis than the 300/500s.
  5. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gave her a real workout going up the backroads to Mt Hotham. I was joined by a mate on his brand new SWM- the one with all the fruit-he was very impressed.
  6. panchogarrancho Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te510,SWM Superdual,Triumph Explorer
    Other Motorcycles:
    SWM Superdual,Tiger Explorer
  7. panchogarrancho Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  8. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    great shots Pancho
  9. panchogarrancho Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  10. panchogarrancho Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  11. mattc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    bmw, suzuki
    Same problem on my 650. Magura 167 master and oberon slave is my solution. Obern slave has 2 pistin seals and slighty larger diameter. Added to the easy pull magura its a 1 finger clutch most of the time now. And i can find neutral when stopped. a bit pricey but sure beats having the bike laid up. I think replacing the slave would be a good preventative measure, IMO the cause is engine oil contamination on the clutch fluid. If that can be avoided the master shouldn't fail.

MattC
  12. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    What is the price point for Magura 167 please
  13. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    To my rs500:

Just fitted an IMS 3gal (11.5 litre) tank. The tank is actually for a husky te510 and so required the rear sideplates from the same model husky. The swm seat fits, as in connects up and works, but with the massive gap between husky side plates and seat base, it looks a bit average (might be good for horsepower though). I found a seat from a husky cr125 that fits perfectly. Now I'm looking for some husky lower radiator shrouds to fit up to the tank, rather than cut up the original ones. This new tank will increase my planned fuel stops from 100km to 180km. That's a lot easier to plan around and will stop the eye rolls from my mates every time I mention needing fuel soon (seemed like I used to say it as we rolled outa the servo).

I also replaced the rear motoz mountain hybrid (120/100x18) with a motoz extreme hybrid (110/100x18). The tyre had around 3000km on it and although still performing acceptably, was looking sad. I must say it had served me well all through our summer months, with lots of hot tar and dry dirt/gravel road miles. I'm hoping the extreme version will work just as well on wet dirt roads and better on wet tar than a knobby. I reckon with a slight attitude adjustment it'll even be ok on sand and mud. Perhaps not as good as a "real" knobby but good enough to keep me happy. I went down from a 120/100 to the 110/100 because the big one is too close to the shock flap for my liking.
  14. ex-xt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    a clone mixed italian/swedish
    Other Motorcycles:
    SWM 300 , RE himalayan 410
    hi
    >Good answer but I Had just ordered a SAFARI 19 L . Anyway 180 k wont be enough ... my range with genuine is around 120 but less offroad like last week end ,
    The enduro tyres ares washed up ( 1000 k ) and the new mitas E09 wll go with bib ... no more tools for flat tyres .
  15. David Engstedt Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SWM rs 650 r
    Hej Matt, Did you get the Obern slave for Husqy te 630? Im really considering doing this if it fits!
  16. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Broke my Regina chain at the link put in a temporary fix(DID link) and rode home. Decided to replace the chain and sprockets with spares already bought.
    Lucky no damage to the cases, just missed out on most of the ride but no biggie.
  17. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    Picked up a new 2019 SM500R Euro4 a couple weeks ago (one of 3 in Australia), it'll be track only so slowly taking off all the road gear and ABS. So far I have...

- Radiator Guards by Force accessories (SWM),
    - SlideMoto Axle block sliders (Husky),
    - Raptor Titanium footpegs w- sliders (Husky),
    - SMOG delete,
    - Front fender and headlight plastics off my old SMR511 (Husky),
    - GetData wireless hour meter,
    - Driven shifter (Husky),
    - G2 Ergonomics throttle tube w- Domino grips,
    - TM Designworks chain guide and rollers (Husky),
    - Moose Racing case saver (Husky),
    - Billet fuel cap (Husky).

Track day next weekend (if it's not raining), so hopefully an opportunity to get the bike run in before doing engine mods.

Still awaiting fitment...
    - Arrow aluminium slip on exhaust (SWM),
    - Front end off my old 511, Marzocchi 50mm w- Ohlins cartridges, Extreme riders fork feet,
    - Ohlins TTX44 shock (no TTX Flow available :( (Husky)
    - Suter Racing slipper clutch (Husky),
    - Tubeless wheel conversion (DIY),
    - Supersprox stealth sprocket (Husky),
    - Taller bend bars and/or bar risers,
    - Acerbis SM handguards (they don't fit the stock bars!),
    - Racing seat (SWM) and brake light delete tail,
    - ABS Delete, replace with HEL braided lines and Beringer 4 pot caliper.

Trying to find...
    - Full exhaust system, Titanium or otherwise,
    - Billet clutch and ignition covers,
    - Silicone hoses (they changed the radiators from the 510's).

The aftermarket range of parts is either 10 year old Husky parts gathering dust on shelves or a handful of parts SWM sell themselves, hopefully things pick up!

Pics; https://www.instagram.com/sm500oz/

42443174_472668929920109_1966933043637651600_n.jpg
    SnagaHD, pvflyer, Oldscool and 4 others like this.
  18. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    New ones look cool. I'd almost buy a 300 4T for a bit of mellow trail riding
  19. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    They look bloody nice in the black.
  20. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just an update for those interested.

Picked up a set of wheels from a te510 that look in good condition. Now I've got a set of rims with off road gearing (standard 13/47) and tyres and a set with road/trail gearing (15/45) and DOT tyres. Husky rear came with a solid rotor which I've used on the off road set up, figuring the drilled would be better for road work.

I've also removed 2 clutch springs as per Scott Summers setup tips to lighten the clutch pull. It's certainly lighter but the jury's still out on whether it's upto the job or not. I have noticed that it can be forced to slip under severe abuse but not under normal use. However I've really only given it a test ride around the block so far.

Finally bit the bullet and ordered a heavier rear spring, standard is a 5.2 and I've gone for a 5.8. I'll let you know my thoughts once I've had a chance to evaluate the suspension performance with it fitted. As far as I can find out the front comes with 0.44's fitted which I'll be leaving for the time being. I'd be interested to hear what springs people fitted to their husky te510's or 450's (or rs500 obviously) . For the record I weigh in at 77kg in my jocks. Dunno what I weigh with riding gear on.

I understand the rs500 is available stateside now........interested to hear what you guys think once you've had a chance to sample them.
    shawbagga likes this.