1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st What made you want a 2 stroke?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ohmygewd, Feb 28, 2012.

?

Why a 2 Stoke?

Because l grew up with them 34 vote(s) 45.3%
Love the ease of maintenances 52 vote(s) 69.3%
Addicted to the smell and sound 35 vote(s) 46.7%
Love the lightness and explosive power 54 vote(s) 72.0%
Wanted a change from a 4t. 16 vote(s) 21.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    I have an 01 cr250 that I have had at least 3 offers to sell it in last month.my main scoot is my wr300 but I won't sell it ever. I never in my wildest dreams thought a dirt bike I own might actualy go up in value. 2 strokes are my luv!!!
  2. surge Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR360, 2012 WR300
    Same as 454x in a way... rode a YZ450 with an open mind to all things 4 stroke, though with some reservations I guess having ridden 2 strokes all my life, but thing wanted me dead for sure... I couldn't come to terms with the endless amount of pull the motor had. It was great fun, but completely alien. 2 strokes forever!
  3. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    93 kx 125 with a kdx 200 engine.
    I love the fact that mods are cheap too,not sure if that was mentioned got tired of reading ha ha. I have ridden 4 strokes and just was'nt into it.
  4. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    Initially it was because of ease of maintenance.

Coming from a heavy bike that developed electrical problems, I wanted something simple and light.

So far 2 strokes are bomb proof to me, and its nice riding the crap out of them without having to worry.
  5. RaceDCrown Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR300,'06 Tc450,'84WXC430,'68400
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati MTS1100,Triumph675
    Needed a change !Was sick of the flame out and the kick start boot camp. As the podium slipped away. Instance smooth power. And with the slip of the clutch it will lunch obstacles easily. And stops on a dime,flicks side to side with no motor weight feeling. Keep oil, air filter clean and ride all season. 2t oil is cheap.compared to value maintenance. Husky contingency good for three years. Race for free if you push hard enough.
  6. BCdirtbikegal Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 KTM sx50 jr, 08 pw50
    had a 250 KTM 4 stroke before and for woods racing it was a heavy bike, went to the WR150 last year and huge change!. For me it was both the ease of maintenance on a two stroke (and cost!) and the weight of the bike as well and fun factor :). Totally different bikes with power, but would never go back. Oh, and no overheating... pumpkins are bad for that, 2 or 4 stroke, and my husky has never overheated!
  7. a t castle Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Cause the chicks dig a dude on a Smoker!
  8. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    :D:D:D simply the grin factor :D:D:D

the peaky response in power delivery that I do like to be tuned to these bikes
    I did grew up with them and I did/do really like the type of noise and smells: like idling as a whisper but hitting the 7000 rpm and higher hell breaks loose
    What can I say more :D:D:D

Robert-Jan