1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

What next?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mike-AK, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    2012 TE310

So far:

1) Power up
    2) Race Tech springs
    3) Enduro Engineering skid plate, oil line protector, brake pedal leash, and bark busters
    4) TXC ECU and 12-hole injector

I need to replace the rear sprocket with a 50-tooth and get some better tires. What else do I need to do to this thing before riding season hits?
  2. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    You need motosports disk guards and some red anodized drain / fill caps also a uni air filter, get a TMD chain guid there bomb... Bling bling :)
  3. my_urban_chaos Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwak Z1000
    Got a 50 tooth on mine and I'm going to a 48. If that doesn't work, a 45. A 50 is too tall and I'm doing 35mph in 6th gear. The 50 is great for tight single track, not so good for here in the desert. How about a larger tank?
  4. my_urban_chaos Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwak Z1000
    Hows the ecu/injector combo working?
  5. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Just installed the ECU last weekend. I was waiting for my aluminum fuel elbow to come in before removing the tank. I was afraid I'd break the plastic one, but I didn't. I'll get it all buttoned up sometime this week, fire it up, and do a little tuning with iBeat. 35mph is all you are getting out of 6th gear with the 50 tooth rear sprocket?
  6. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Is the Uni filter better than the OEM one?
  7. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Much better, threw away the OEM
  8. henson802 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Ain't that the truth. I'm going to try a 45 on my TE250 and see how that works. No deserts here, but a bit of road riding between trails! Unless you an enduro rider, derestrict that bike and GO! Who needs all the little bells + whistles, ride er hard and fast with no regrets!! :D:cheers:
  9. JasonMF Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 CR 165
    Other Motorcycles:
    03' Ducati MTS 1000, 12' Ducati 848
    I just put a 47 rear sprocket on last week. HUGE difference! 1st gear is much more usable. With the 50t I always felt I was either at the top of a gear or at the very bottom, now I can actually ride in the middle of the gear and not have so much clutch work and shifting. Had it up to 65 on the pavement with ore throttle to give
  10. Da Bears Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 310
    I have a 2011 TE310 with a 50 rear and 14 front. Mostly single track so that set up is just fine for me. It will easily do 65-70 mph although I wouldn't want to do that for very long.
    JasonMF likes this.
  11. JasonMF Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 CR 165
    Other Motorcycles:
    That combo is AMAZING! Such crisp throttle response...More power/pull throughout...
  12. dratharr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    I picked up a 46 T from Motosportz, I think it might be a great compromise, I ran the 50T last summer and it was great in the single track but a little too low on the roads too and from the trails. It looks like a really nice piece of kit for the price. I agree on the Injector/ECU, I put a JD and another brand injector on at first, it was a big improvement over stock, but then I put the factory 12 hole and ECU and it is like a different bike altogether, it actually runs like it should run from the factory. I took the JD off; the bike runs so much better now with just the Injector/ECU combo I don't think I need it now.
  13. my_urban_chaos Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwak Z1000
    The TXC injector/ECU is just plug and play, right? No need to reprogram?
  14. JasonMF Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 CR 165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Correct, you may want set your CO values or at least verify they are at 100 or so.
  15. dratharr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Yep, I just plugged it in, I have not touched the I Beat system at all, and my bike runs perfect. I did replace the injector screws with some stainless allen head bolts, but thats about it. I am putting some Tusk mini led front turn signals in tomorrow, I put the sicass racing flush mounts front and rear, but I don't like the way the flush mounts work/look up front so these little LED's from Tusk look really nice. I am going to change the fork fluid out tomorrow too, I am going to try a little lighter weight oil to see if it frees up the action a little bit. I wish these TE's would have come with the dual chamber forks but I think with the lighter oil it should free them up a little bit, they are still better than the WP open chambers I have had in the past.
  16. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Technically you should set the TPS with IBeat. Seems most are getting away with it .

I agree 12 Point and TXC ECU is the way forward !
  17. my_urban_chaos Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwak Z1000
    ECU/Injector just got put on the list. I changed my rear turn signals out for LED models and it worked great. They are really hidden and protected and I just had to create a metal plate to mount them too. The front I originally changed them to LEDs but then they wouldn't blink. I then changed them to normal lights and all worked well. I mounted them to the front number plate with the two sided tape that came with them. They are out of the way and protected. Now I'm thinking of extra lights for night riding mounted where the old front blinkers mounted and hooked into the high beam. Gotta move that crazy horn now, it collects debris from the trail.
  18. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    I'm going to mount a PIAA compact horn behind the headlight somewhere. Can you post pictures of your turn signals? Thanks.
  19. my_urban_chaos Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwak Z1000
    Gotta wash the bike first, it's a bit dirty right now, but Yes I will post a couple of photos.
  20. my_urban_chaos Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwak Z1000
    Here's how I did my rear blinkers.

Attached Files: