What was your first bike ??

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Jersey Woods, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    I remember my dad ordering one of these RTI 360 Yamaha's when I was pretty young maybe 11 or 12 years old..... He waited a a few months until it came in to the country... I can remember it was a beast of a bike in those days and he rode it in a lot of enduros here in Jersey..He terrorized the enduro scene with this thing from what I can remember... The Jap bikes were just getting popular about that time and he bought one and loved it...

[IMG]
    huskybear and HuskyTaylor like this.
  2. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mine is a bit different...:busted:

[IMG]

My dad had one of these when I was growing up, only in a darker shade of green
    Its a Piaggio Ape, three wheeled scooter/box track/ummm...thingy...

[IMG]

It had the old Vespa scooter handlebar with the twist clutch/gear all in one, squeeze the clutch and rotate the grip up towards you for first gear, down and away from you for the other two or three gears

I’ll never forget that first day he let me ride/drive(?) it
    I was about eight or nine and we had my little brother with us too
    My dad on one side of the bench seat, me holding the handlebars and my little brother seating on the other side of the bench
    I squeezed the rock hard clutch and tried to wrestle it into first gear...it was hard...so freaking hard that by the time I managed to click it into first I didn't have any energy left to properly release the clutch...so I dumped it...
    The thing was, as I was cranking on the clutch with all the might of my little young'un body, my other hand was revving on the gas...so when I popped the clutch, the thing jerked forward into a monster one inch wheelie, which sended my little brother backwards, banging his head on the back of the metal cabin...naturally my little brother start crying and my dad had to stop laughing and see if he was alright...

:D