1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Which aftermarket pipe for the WR250?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Huskynox, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I have a Gnarly on my 04 now and have been thinking about taking the dent out of the side of my stocker, so I can put it back on. I have heard of filling with water and popping it in the freezer over night. The dent (s) aren't very big so I wonder if it may be too much?

Then there is some kind of kit available to put air pressure in and heat the dent? That seems kind of spooky, when I think of all the spooge in there and the possibility of making a IED. If I was going to do it that way, I would lean towards an inert gas like CO2 for the pressurization, like what is done welding gas tanks. But maybe air works safely.
    Then there is the question of how much pressure? 3LBS+- ?
    Anyone BTDT?

Didn't the 250 pipe get changed around 07-08 and that is the pipe that is said to be a real good one? Maybe I'm wasting my time fixing my 04 pipe?
    Lotsa questions, but you guys started talking about pipes.
  2. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Ive just sold my dent removal kit on ebay OZ - I think it is ok if you have the right heat source -I was a bit tentative using it as pressure had to be up over 60 lbs from memory and I could nt remove a large dent . You have to get it glowing and hope it doesnt blow.
    There are shops that will do it for you
    I got it off ebay US
  3. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Fill it up with water and put it in the freezer
  4. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Water will break the seams. Or so I'm told.

Go to Napa and get a freeze plug for each end of the pipe, install a schrader valve into one end, SAFETY WIRE both ends and then fill with 40lbs of air. Hit the dents with a torch and watch them pop out like magic.

Done this many times and it works great. Only seen a freeze plug fly through a garage wall once (before we got smart and started safety wiring them). Ouch!
  5. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Thanks for that PC, Just the kind of info I was looking for. I was going to reinforce it with gorrila tape and hose clamps, but was unsure of the pressure. In a way it would be nice if the plugs were the weak link, so to speak.
    Hope to meet you over at CH, since I live just down the road and around the corner. Steve
  6. Jayhawk Ken Husqvarna
    B Class

There was a place in Utah or Idaho I believe that did pipe restoration. Do not remember the name of the company but seems like the price was reasonable.

Edit: here it is - http://www.piperepair.com/

Okay, so it's Oregon - must have been filed away as "out west somewhere" in my old brain. ;)
  7. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Oregon-Idaho whats the difference? Plenty

Looks like they do nice work.
    I went ahead and did as PC suggested and I'm real happy with the way it turned out. For a smooth/even surface, a heat source that can heat a large area all at once seems to be the ticket. I started out with a big welding tip then switched to a small rose bud.
  8. mhambone Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    81ae420,87xc500,09wr250,09sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husabergs,Maicos,KTMs,BMW
    Where do you find the Doma for a 09 WR250 in the US? I've looked and looked and can't find one. I even emailed the factory with no response.
  9. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think your only chance is going to be putting a wanted ad up on here for one. Langston racing had some a few years ago but there aren't any left. I think if I had a WR 250 I would try the Husqvarna Hard Parts catalog factory pipe.
  10. mhambone Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Got the reply from Doma,
    Dear Sir,

Sorry to inform you that we do not have the 2009 model.

Best regards,

Bart Jansen
    MRP nv

Deense Wijerstraat 3
    3740 Bilzen
    Belgiƫ

BTW: BE 0464.075.417
    Tel: +32 (0) 89 50 15 74
    Fax: +32 (0) 89 50 13 61
  11. mhambone Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    What year pipes will fit the 2009 WR?

What pipes use the stock silencer? I just bought a Leo vince Silencer/Spark Arrestor and would like to use it if possible. I know that the PC P2 pipe you have to buy their S/SA to make it fit.
  12. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

very nice:thumbsup:
    got a link
  13. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just put on my full carbon Scalvini silencer on my WR 300 , looks sweet but not exactly bolt right on
  14. mhambone Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Here is the Dyno Chart for the DEP Pipe. Looks like it has a little more top end HP (2-3 hp). I just bought the PC P2 pipe for the added low to mid power. Almost bought the Dep for the price $221.54 delivered.

Attached Files:

15. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I bent them by hand and held them in place with needle nose visegrips while I bolted them up
  16. Joey Thompson Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 cr 250-former fbf factory bike.
    I believe I got the last 2C pipe FBF had. It was kinda funny,I called several times for about a year asking if they had one left and was always told "no,they haven't had any in years." Then one day I got lucky by expressing how badly I really wanted one,and the parts guy goes digging around in the back and finds one. $250 for a works 2C pipe,I love it.
  17. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    no pic = didn't happen :rolleyes:
  18. Joey Thompson Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 cr 250-former fbf factory bike.