1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Which pre-mix and what ratio?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by JDJ, Aug 10, 2012.

1. kjclark7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE510
    its worked great on my stihl trimmer, backpack blower, chainsaw and redmax blower. no smoke on any. i've never had it in a 2 stroke bike before.
  2. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    The Stihl premium full synthetic works great with no smoke or spooge I'm just not sure about power valve deposits since chainsaws don't have power valves.
  3. Long_Stroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300, 2013 WR144, 2020 FE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    1996 DR350, 2002 Aprilia Caponord
    Thank you Lankydoug! I've been using Motul 800 with messy results. Tried a friends Maxima K2 which spooged the entire back half of my WR300. Today I tried Amsoil Interceptor and it was just perfect. Had a trace of spooge after 44 miles of single track with lots of slow rocky sections.

The Maxima loaded up a bit at slow speeds, the Motul was better, but the Amsoil felt clean clean clean. Never a hint of loading up and easier starting. Best of all its $10.39 a quart ten minutes from home.
    lankydoug likes this.
  4. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I had similar results with other oils in my wr144, started using amsoil interceptor at 40:1 and no more spooge,runs great.Using quality non-ethanol fuel is also very important as Lankydoug has said in his post.
    lankydoug likes this.
  5. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Glad I could help, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again. I guess it was just my day:banana:
  6. kjclark7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE510
    you can't get non-ethanol fuel over here so super it is
  7. JDJ Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    prev07 YZ450F , 07 CRF250X , 03XR250
    Thanks so much everyone for the many responses. As i suspected, there would be many opinions. However, after my research and also finding a guy that will sell me the Amsoil Interceptor for less than 9$ per quart - that is what i am going to go with . I will try 50:1 as it is recommended but might mess around some with the ratio. I also have one gas station local that sells ethanal free gas so I will give that a shot. I had a chance to ride this for just a bit finally and I am hooked. This is so much more fun to ride than my yz450. Thanks again. BTW - i am looking for a used wheel that I can put a paddle tire on. I was told by Halls that any wheel off of a 2001-2012 WR250/300 as well as 2001-2008 125 will also work. Anyone have a wheel with spokes/hub etc they want to sell? Thanks. you can text me at 208 339 three two nine five.
  8. cb900f6 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 Honda 919
    40:1 on Ipone. No spooge or smoke. Smells nice too!