1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Who's the Oldest?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by spud1968, Jan 28, 2013.

1. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I'm 50 and as long as I don't have to read small print while I am riding I am as good as I ever was! Seems like it is the younger guys that head back to the truck first.
    dartyppyt likes this.
  2. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150

I raced with Helmut this year in vintage MX, and a 6 hr hare scramble. He's 77 and did the 6 hr solo :eek:

There's another guy in our club who runs only the natural terrain MX tracks, and I believe he's 80 now.

I'm 51 and race at least 2, and sometimes 3 classes.
  3. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm 51 and decided to give racing a try as a challenge to my old self. Did a hare scramble last spring. Lots of fun and will do more. Skipped work yesterday with buddy and we rode 60 miles of woods.
    steadydirt, Gotlabs and Motosportz like this.
  4. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    Pull a little bit more oil out of the forks-much easier on the hands and shoulders.
  5. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    im constantly being compared to "a nine year old" and being told to act my age.

53 going on 12?
    Gotlabs, Motosportz and MotoMarc36 like this.
  6. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    54 and beat to bits !!! shoulder seems to get worse every ride and my knees creak and groan something awfull first thing in the morning while trying to get to the bathroom for yet another pee as old age seems to have removed all blader control lol
    Had the worst race year ever and ended up 19th but did skip two events and the weather was my worst enemy as every ride was knee deep mud and clag and I spent more time pulling the 144 out of holes and deep ruts than riding it :(
    Did better when riding quad events and actually managed a 2nd place and I was well chuffed with that, although I did nearly pass out from dehydration at the finish :lol:
    nosubjec.jpg
    Gotlabs, huskybear and pvduke like this.
  7. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    badass shot johnny
  8. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Wow looks like I'm the baby here. 43 yr old MXer A class try to race at least once a month. Run +30A and +40, leave the kids alone now. No ACL's left, broke both collarbones and scapulas, leg several times, elbow, T4, 5, 6, redid T6. Sure I forgot a few... Hope my big injury ticket never comes up but I know I'm asking for it. Just can't quit and only a gatedrop scratches the itch properly. Good wife will feed me and wheel me around if the big one slaps me down......

Here I come Lorretta Lynn's '13 +40 expert. 12 years 2 kids and a wife since the last time I tried, gonna go for fun on the tiddler!!

May the force be WITH US ALL !:thumbsup:
    huskybear and pvduke like this.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Awesome. Great bikes for having a blast on for sure. Pound for pound the funnest bike going.
    pvduke likes this.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    48, love to ride a lot, not much for racing anymore / not overly aggressive enough to care :>) . Did the 125 dream MX race at Washougal last year (managed to qualify for the main and then sucked he he he) and doing the Idaho City ISDE Qualifier this year. Ride More.
  11. rajobigguy Administrator

57 yrs. old. I haven't raced competitively in many years now. I used to be a D-37 rider, I never much cared for enduro type stuff and still don't much like boulder fields and fallen trees (I'm not very good at that kind of riding:busted:) but I can still cut a pretty fast trail across whooped out open territory.
    pvduke likes this.
  12. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    fixed! :busted: :banana: :lol:
  13. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    One of the series I ran this year was half MX, half woods. Second and third place guys were on 450's. I won it on a 125. I love my 125 :thumbsup:
    steadydirt and huskybear like this.
  14. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

With my new enduro race season approaching fast i've decided to join a running club to improve my fitness and decrease the size of my belly.:D I'm borderline being in weight/over weight:thumbsup: ......So, this evening being my first run i managed to miss the runners start briefing and found the 80 odd runners splitting into groups from 1 to 7. I assumed group 1 was the fastest followed by 2, 3, 4 etc...However, I assumed incorrectly when i went with group 7!:eek: I've never in my life run so far and fast. The distance was 7miles at a 7.0min - 7.30min mile. The funny thing was there was only four of us in the group (i should have guessed why so few runners chose this group) and one guy John, he was encouraging me to keep going, i was hanging on for grim death trying to keep up and John was saying i was doing well and asked how many times have i been running with the club? 0!. You will be pleased to know John is 57 and super fit compared to me. So i know what i can acheive but for those of you in your 50's if your fitness was as good as John's you'll be paid for riding.:banana: i'm feeling a little happier at being 44 and i'm enjoying your replies so keep them coming. I'm going to have a lay down now i maybe some time before i return and i dont think i'll be in work tomorrow:D
    huskybear, wallybean and pvduke like this.
  15. edmoto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 CR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLX400SR, XR250R, VOR503, GG XC300e
    Y'all are a bunch of hippies! Mixing your ovaltine with bacardi and such... I say, don't trust anyone over 50!
    steadydirt likes this.
  16. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Im 56, but my knees are 143
    Tinken, Dirtdame and wallybean like this.
  17. rajobigguy Administrator

Old age and treachery will win out over youth and enthusiasm every time.:oldman:
    Coffee, Vinduro, edmoto and 1 other person like this.
  18. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

dist 37 is still waiting for you At the DMC National this weeken there were 29 guys in the over 50 expert class so what are you waiting for
  19. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You gotta realize how little compression damping I am using. I need the extra oil to prevent bottoming.
  20. rajobigguy Administrator

I new WR 300, I don't think that my 610 would be very competitive in most areas.:cheers:
    Actually John, D-37 has changed a lot since I was involved. It used to be mostly high speed X country but has got increaseingly more technical over the years and I doubt that I would make a very good show of myself anymore, not because of my age but I was never very good at the technical stuff to start with and I probably haven't improved over the years.