1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Why Does Everyone Think I'm Nuts??

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Travis616, Apr 19, 2016.

1. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4

The Sprinters are awesome.

I deal with 3 German car dealers and most of their mechanics drive American cars...
    Norman Foley likes this.
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    My friend's folks have an Airstream built Sprinter motorhome. Amazing how much stuff fits in there.
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Don't get me started on the Italian Husky

CR 125 Bone stock National #1 plate against the open class National class 50A

Cr 165 and CR 300 Together that year won another National # 1 plate

Cr 165 1 time finisher of King of the motor and 3 time almost finished

Cr 125 1 time winner Last dog standing Cr 165 2 time winner king of the moto

Wr 250 1 time winner last dog standing

Between my 125 my 165 my 250 and my 300 have raced a lot since 2006 with only 1 DNF

My TE 510 4 stroke has never failed me as a dual sport finished Big Bear all hard ways like 7 times

Now I ride a new Husky it is new it is nice it is fun to ride BUT my old Italian CR 300 with ohlien suspention is still a hard bike to beat

Yes the Italian are not made anymore but they are still one heck of a bike and I still enjoy riding and sometimes racing mine
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    From like outta nowhere ajaxauto has returned. That WR250 is now mine, and continues to perform.
  5. benthadon Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre sm 125
    Noob here. Hoping someone can help... Just took my 2000 125 supermoto to the mechanics because it's leaking oil badly from the exhaust. He said it's leaking oil from the gear box because of a blown crank seal. Does anyone know a way of replacing the seal without splitting the engine? thanks
  6. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 Honda CR125/134 build
    Impressive numbers, I'll have to memorize them so I have them when needed. Lol. Picked up some softer fork springs for my 150 last night, hope to get them installed tonight and maybe a quick run tomorrow. Local race Sunday if I can shake this chest cold
  7. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    Travis,

Looks like you may not have been around here when this was going on.

This was an every two week occurrence at the GNCC starting line; except their response was
    'Oh shit, he's here again'

WR125 in a sea of orange 200's and taken 'em down...

[IMG]
  8. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    It's awesome when you can see the fear in their eyes. Hahaha. I have been racing mx in vet jr class for the last 5 years and have had some really good rides, I was 8th at the nationals a few years ago and I'm about the only 125 on the line - not even that many 250F's. It's always fun slipping past a 450 :)
    JAM and pahusky like this.
  9. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    That's me too. The only 125 in a gate of 450's
    Travis616 and pahusky like this.
  10. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Not familiar with 125 engine but if you get outter cover off and primary gear from shaft you can fish the seal out with a pick or if youve got your wits about you use a small wood screw an punch a hole in the metal side of seal then turn it a few times an use plires to remove seal. Good luck
    R_Little and benthadon like this.
  11. benthadon Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre sm 125
    Nice one, thanks a lot
  12. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    I've had loads of different bikes over the years but out of all them , my three Italian have served we well my 1999 Wr 250 and my 05 and 07 TE 450's have been labors of love to rebuild. I dont want a white ktm (husky). I just want ktm to make more parts available for what have, but i doubt that will happen.
  13. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    would be a good idea to start a new thread for questions like this, instead of burying the post in the middle of a completely unrelated thread...
  14. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Well if your quick theres a 01 wr250 on the bay at the monent looks like it comes with a but load of spares and two engines all in bits tho.
  15. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    I'm really going to cop it here, butt... After owning (and maintaining) lots of bikes and brands including Husky, BMW, KTM, Yamaha in the garage now I have to honestly say the 310 is the most troublesome bike I ever owned.. Mostly it was electrical gremlins, particularly the shithouse wiring loom rubbing through, shorting out and niggling issues with the FI and fuel pump. We can make excuses like BMW retrofitted the FI etc but at the end of the day people hear about this and it wrecks the reputation.

Having said that on the other end of the spectrum KTM is a good quality brand but I think a large part of their sales success is marketing and their support of good riders in winning races.

Not wanting to continue the argument but this has been my experiences. It is still the best dirt bike I have ridden in terms of power, suspension etc just let down with reliability.
  16. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    Just wow. That's gross! Suckers for marketing it does appear.
  17. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    You got a bad one. It happens.

On the flip side, my CR150 has required little maintenance since I've owned it, did 70 hrs of (not easy) racing on the original piston and (I know I'm going to get hit for this) still has the original spark plug, and it's a 2011.
    juicypips and Huskynoobee like this.
  18. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I remember a '07 RM 125 that still had the original plug in it - it was a $65 plug in Canada though! I have never owned a good Yamaha - then there are people who can't get a bad one. Lol. I'm liking my '11 CR 150 and that's all that matters - I have heard of jetting issues but mine seems to be right on. What about you ZW?
  19. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Never made it to the track on the weekend but I did get out riding for a while. Was at a friend's track and could reel him and another guy in, one was on a KX250F and the other was on a KTM450. Felt pretty good - not going to lie :)
  20. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    That was my last bike before the Husky. Great bike, but the Husky is miles better... and I still have one of those plugs. Bought a bunch cheap on ebay when I was racing the RM.

My bike was fine, and I was happy with the jetting, but found a used RB modded TMX on here and that made a huge difference. I would strongly recommend one, if you can deal with that wingnut.