1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Will Ossa be first to the EFI 2 stroke off road bike race?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Oct 20, 2011.

1. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

According to Clay (GG man) they already have the Exployer and it's really good! Ready for 2012.
  2. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    You know this bike will be a blast to goof around on + ride in new trails or places with no trails at all. I want one so I better start rat holing cash.
    john01 likes this.
  3. Harbinger Hróðvitnir

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Nuda 900 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell
    The Explorer will be out for sale in March 2012, and the Enduro in 2013.
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I know if I'm still breathing I'm getting the Exployer. I have 9+ acres at my place with fields and woods trails so you bet it wll be FUN to goof around on and great for following the grandkids on their 50, 85, and 90's. Wonder who will sell them?
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Seems like a perfect fit. FUN
  6. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Mike Komer at the Tryals Shop.....
    http://www.tryalsshop.com/ossa-usa/
  7. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

are the trials bikes in the states yet ????
  8. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

just checked the shops website, indeed, new and used ossa trials bikes. very nice...
  9. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks Norman.
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    If you end up getting one from Mike and come up to NY, he's close to me (I get all my Fantic parts from him.). I'll take you riding.
  11. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Cool thanks for the offer.
  12. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    Is this a joke or are you serious?
  13. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

14. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    I read the article, and started down the comments.

Notice how comment 3 brings up the skidoo/rotax in production and apparently successful system not addressed in the article. Notice comment 4 pertains to sloppy editing. Notice comment 8 is essentially the author responding to comment 4 and ignoring comment 3.

The above link pertains to the title of this thread and thanks for posting. Maybe I will read more of the comments as the author (product creator) keeps adding stuff in subsequent comments.

The title of this thread is efi not di. Even this efi systen doesn't yet have a dealer network to sell it just a price.
  15. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

EFI can be made to work is the point of the article but DI is not the ticket for high performance. Personally, I don't care for the complexity of either. There is no real performance advantage of EFI over a well tuned carb. I personally think a carb like an Lectron is a better idea and that has been around for 30 years.
  16. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    You need to ride a Skidoo before you get too "dead serious" in your thinking that DI is not high performance. Also to say that DI is designed for emissions only is not accurate, while it is great for emissions because it can more accurately deliver fuel, it can also be turned up to deliver as much fuel as you want in practically any ratio you want. I understand some not wanting the complexity but engine efficiency translates in to more horsepower and FI and DI can deliver fuel more accurately and efficiently than a carburetor. That said, I'll be keeping my carbureted bike until these are all sorted out.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Based on what Kris said at the NW gathering ALL the manufacturers are scrambling to make DFI work well on high pro engines. It does not sound like a slam dunk and is all driven by the 2015 Euro regs. They sell piles of 125 and under 2 strokes that now have to meet tough emissions. It is do or die for a HUGE market. It might be EZer to make it happen on a 700cc twin but might not be so EZ on a 125 single. In the end it will add a lot of complexity and cost as computers, fuel pumps and high pressure injectors are in the mix. the simplicity of the 2 stroke will be gone. Hopefully we get performance and efficiency with the package. Should be interesting.
  18. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

You hit that on the head.
  19. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

Simplicity is a relative term. A DI 2-stroke will still be lightyears simpler, more reliable, and have a higher power to weight ratio than any 4-stroke. We could be witnessing a new chapter in motorcycling!
  20. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

I believe it's important to note the distinction between the Orbital DI system which was referenced in the article (which is very inflexible & limited) and the BRP/Rotax sytem which is much better for performance 2ts (and has been serving Skidoo well for over 5yrs). The BRP system will work at much higher RPM than the Orbital design.
    As I've mentioned before, a simple batteryless EFI system would be a great step forward for 2t dirtbikes. It will clean them up substantially & make them more efficient. The technology has been around for at least 17 years, so it's not like it needs to be complicated, expensive groundbreaking technology. It shouldn't add more than $100 to the cost of a production dirtbike.
    The OSSA looks like they're headed in the right direction on paper. Let's see how it actually works long term in the real world with the typical hack rider.