1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Worldwide Speedo Failure Register

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by icebergstu, May 21, 2012.

1. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    I thought it was just me.... But mine is acting the same way.... I just loose miles after I shut the bike off... Is there an aftermarket replacement ????
  2. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    [IMG]
    When I bought my bike Bill at BMP put the clamp you see in the picture in a baggie inside the crate the bike came in. I believe it was meant to replace the speedo/odometer because it works perfectly and can be adjusted to aim the headlight and it works every bit as good as the factory odometer for keeping track of miles.
    shawbagga and huskybear like this.
  3. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    93 kx 125 with a kdx 200 engine.
    Mine quit working too,and now i feel blue
    I want to tell husky,shame on you.
    With only five hundred miles it took a dump,i don't know why im really quite stumped.
    Somtimes when i ride the bike just dies, it's that god d!@# display that i really despise.
    When my headlight is pluged in the bike won't start, then my temper goes way off the chart.
    I pull off the wire so it will run, and finnally im off for tons of fun.

Husky please read this because im kinda pissed, an A for quality you slightly missed.
    I love my 300 It's mechanicly sound, it's the most fun ive had round after round.
    please fix these problems so i can be sure, because when i go to a race i really can't be sure.
    Steve-oh and huskybear like this.
  4. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    The original Speedo on my WR300 failed to work correctly from day one.
    The replacement Speedo worked intermittently.
    The Dealer told me not to bother getting another one as PFG were too hard to deal with.
    He offered to do a good price on an aftermarket unit - I told him that I wanted the originalto work as designed - nothing more, nothing less . .
    The third Speedo didn't work correctly from day one.
    No matter what i did it would re-set every time the engine stopped.
    The Dealer was not interested in helping any more after that - i have not been back to him and do not intend to go back to him, ever - or to Husqvarna for that matter !!

Good luck Stu - i feel your pain

**feel free to cut & paste this onto Cafe Husky

Taken from here...http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=92286

Stu
  5. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Ive had two WR125s and both speedos didnt work correctly . My 08 is working and only showing 150 klms when it must have done 2000
  6. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    A cheapo speedo is not a deal breaker for me, especially when the dealer told me up front that they were not very good. I'm told that there are Iphone aps that will track miles and map routes + if your serious about a certain need you can get an enduro time keeper or a trailtech. I would rather not have anything on the bike from the factory and buy the bike $10 cheaper than pay for a mapping system or a speedo I don't want or need anyway.
    huskybear and windsurf like this.
  7. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    So you would prefer to void your 1 year warranty and not have a factory speedo?

That is what factory waranty claims are settled on. How many miles your bike has done and the services being kept up to date. Miss one and void warranty. If you are using an after market speedo, I would say you immediately void your warranty.

Stu
  8. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    My bike is a WR250 race bike and has no warranty other than for manufacture's defects. I think different countries have different implied warranties so maybe some here on the forum are speaking from a different set of circumstances but I bought my bike with the understanding that it is a competition motorcycle and is sold as is except for manufacturers defects. If I blow it into two pieces in the first month I own both halves.:excuseme: I service my bike according to use and inspection. For example I periodically pull the pipe and the intake and inspect the piston and rings, I keep track of how many gallons of fuel has been run through it and even if I have just serviced the linkage and bearings if I ride in a muddfest I might service it again the next day.

So I guess to answer your question, Yes I would have voided my 1 year factory warranty that I didn't even know I had.
    huskybear and windsurf like this.
  9. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I cannot beleive that anyone would decide not to buy a brand of dirtbike based on the fact the speedo is crap! Iv'e never heard of anything so childish. Yep we all know the speedo is useless. It sounds like your dealer also told you what PFG are like to deal with and was trying to help. You have already had two speedos - go and get a decent aftermarket one.
    johnnyboy, huskybear and lankydoug like this.
  10. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Yep, mine's messed up too.
  11. Zim Husqvarna
    A Class

12. Paul B Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2099 TE310 with SHOWA forks
    If you read the whole storey you will see that after the speedo was proven to be faulty by an independant party then PFG had no choice but to accept the warranty claim.
  13. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    93 kx 125 with a kdx 200 engine.
    I have to admit i still love my wr 300 no matter what little issues it has had. I would deffinately buy another one. I just put the proper springs in for my weight and now i like it a little more.
    shawbagga likes this.
  14. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    my speedo never worked correctly from day one on my wr 300 also ! mileage and mph jumped around to whatever numbers it wanted , dealer changed it under warranty and the new one did the exact same crap ! I made a complaint to husqvarna customer service and i got a call about a week later from a factory service rep that told me that he hasn't had any issues with the speedos and i should go back the the selling dealer for another service appointment,
  15. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    must have been the reps first day then!
  16. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
  17. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    ive had three speedos on two different wr 300s , not one worked correctly or even worked at all ! replaced them both with a Vector
  18. broken biker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1994 TE 610 2012 WR 300
    i have had alot of trouble,difficulty,delays with PFG after having to contact them when my dealer stopped helping me with the 4 warranty claims i had with my 2012 WR300