1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WR 125 better, but.....

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by WR BOB, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    When the temperature outside approaches the displacement of your bike it is indeed to warm to ride. :lol:
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thank you for understanding i bet we set the hi for the country today
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

John,

I shouldn't get sensitive but the frustration of a bike that you can't make run out of the box with just jetting adjustments has me scratching my head. We have such a short season here that when you lose several weeks in August it is traumatic. I like doing my futzing in the off season.

That being said, I do like futzing with my bikes. My WR 250 is probably as good an example of that model as exists, it is great but after 3 years and some prodding from my nephew it was time for a new challenge. Riding the 125 was incredible in all respects except the "bog". With the weaker pv spring it is wonderful but I just don't trust the on edge jetting I now have. I would ride it as is but I can't take a chance on abusing my bike, it just runs counter to my nature. I spent the entire time I was in high school fixing other kids bikes that their daddy had bought them and they trashed. Just can't do it to one of mine. Hopefully my jets get here tomorrow. Sunday is my day to ride.

I still appreciate all the thoughts and ideas
    Walt
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

We hit 90 today, it seemed very hot:lol: Of course when it is 10 below zero here in a few months you will be enjoying perfect weather to ride in.

Walt
  5. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Throwing my hat into the ring, here.

I, too, have noticed a flat spot at the top of the midrange on my '08 CR. It's certainly not unrideable, but it's there. It makes it hard to rev into the top end in the top two gears without some clutch work. I still have some jetting I can mess with (playing with the needle height), but I'm following Wallybean's PV spring experiments with great interest.

I assume that Husqvarna doesn't offer any different springs already?

Also, there isn't supposed to be any difference between the '08 and the '09 motors except for the pipe and the carb, right? Are the '09 PVs (the corrected ones) shaped any differently than the '08s?
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Dfeckle,

You can't even buy just the spring from Husky. They sell the govenor as a complete assembly:excuseme:

I didn't get my jets from UPS yesterday so it will be Monday before I finish this phase of my project.

Walt
  7. WR BOB Husqvarna
    A Class

Better Than Ever!

Took the WR down to TNT yesterday and met member Krieg for some dust riding. From what I can tell, the bike is much better after the retune Gerald put on it. Just to verify my opinion, Krieg took it for a spin and agreeed. He also soften up my suspension for my 145lbs. package. I'm pretty darn happy.

Also picked up the new pipe and silencer today. Looks a bit thicker in the fat area and the silencer is full polished.

Will post another update hopefully after this next weekend. BTW, it was cool meeting member Krieg for the first time. He's a wealth of Husky knowledge.

WR BOB