1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc wr 150 ktm 150 tm 144 shoot out dyno

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by andy j, Dec 10, 2010.

1. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I believe the 150 sx also has a different silencer, some of the guys with the xc's switched exhaust and they ran better.
    GP
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Wow looking at the weights you listed Andy the KTM is about 24 lbs lighter than the Husky; is that correct? Or is my KG to lbs off LOL?
  3. andy j Husqvarna
    AA Class

no thats right on the weights...
    1 kg = 2.2lbs. they checked it to make sure as it was so low..
    it had three litres extra fuel in the larger tank too, but had no lights / speedo. though both of these would only add say 1-1.5kg max! ..

so to recap - as the bikes come from the factory but filled with fluids. oils & fuel. digital scales under each wheel is as i understand it and how it reads..

Andy
  4. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

I have almost a day's worth of riding on a 2010 150xc and owned a 09'wr125 with a eg 144kit.

All I can say is engine wise the ktm is way, way more torque and overall power everywhere in the power band. Whatever what the dyno says. In my mind it's not very close either. The 150xc engine is much easier to ride.

Husky wr handling is a little better than the ktm. But not enough to compensate for the engine IMO.

I'd like to test a TM of any kind btw.:thumbsup:
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks for checking my math Andy it's been a long time since I was in school. I am not doubting the weights but it's hard to see how the KTM can be so much lighter. My hats off to KTM on that.
  6. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    125 s without lights have been 90 kg and less for years - the wr is a bit of a porker

below is the graph of the ktm 150 sx . The power is really only made at very high - max rpm
    The dyno was done by FMF so the results are going to be the best they could get.

One thing I note is the power at 7000 is approx 3hp less than Walts 167at 20 hp - the 167 would already be gone when the 150 is hitting its stride
    I do like the idea of revving it to the moon though

View attachment 7507
  7. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think one of the big weight savers on the KTMs is the lack of linkage in the rear suspension.
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I wouldn't think that would be more than a few pounds say 4 max, where do they save the other 20? I can see weight savings on big bikes but these 125/150's don't have a lot going on, weird.
  9. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I wouldt have believed it but looking at plenty of reports the 04 ktm SX 125 made around 36hp at the rear wheel so ktm 144 with 38 is realistic.

View attachment 7520

youd think that a CR 125 would be around the 33 hp min.

Ktm haters be warned this is a ktmEXC dyno video with an Akropovic exhaust
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeWb_go5KOE&NR=1

You have to admit the second run sounds pretty meaty

Attached Files: