1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR 250/300 EZ Pull clutch

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dartyppyt, Sep 23, 2011.

1. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Troffer,

Let us know how they work out?

The Raptor breaks easy, In some reviews.
  3. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I was going to get the raptor , but the negative reviews about durability turned me away. Will report back soon
  4. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Crap...the husky has down cartwheels with the raptor lever and if you have a set of decent barkbuster or wrap around hand guards with the deflectors plus have your clutch position at a bit under 9 or 3 o'clock position, it will protect any lever.

Too many reviews are based on bloke riding without handguards...you wonder why they snap!!!
  5. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Yep! The Raptor lever I put on my CR at the end of 2001 is still on there and still functioning properly :excuseme:
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Good to know! I read alot of those reviews but figured it might be okay since I run busters. Took the bike out last night and can pull the lever in with my pinky without the Raptor. So can't wait to see even how much easier it gets.

Been waiting on some Mikuni needles/slides to add more fuel/air to really give it a shot in the arse!. I grabbed a PWK 38 from under my bench, that is kinda my project. I stuck it on there last night and had to make one richer needle change along with changing out the pilot/main.

I was in dis belief last night when I cracked the gas on this bike. Now, I have to learn how to ride it all over again because it goes from mild to wild in a flash! I definately hit the mother load on this one. Maybe this winter I can find a spring that will delay the powervalve from opening for even more torque. It also helped with dropping the compression and moving the kicker back one tooth.
  7. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Stopped by the bike shop and Raptor came in. Got it mounted up and put it on the easiest setting. Had to adjust some slack out in the mid cable adjuster. This has to be the best clutch pull I have ever had! Took it out and still starts in gear without the lunging forward. I definately recommend extending the clutch lever down on case, plus an easy pull lever assembly/perch. Even gonna put one on my 144. I had a great time tonight cutting sod.
    ohmygewd likes this.
  8. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

The mechanical advantage works both ways, the slack you develope after a hard moto or technical climb is multiplied the same amount you reduce the force required to pull the lever. The raptor setup is junk compared to the stock Magura my 125 came with IMO.
  9. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Update:

Been riding bike all weekend both, the extended lever down by crankcase and raptor lever are the trick.

Bike starts in gear first kick and I also noticed that finding neutral is a breeze.

Wish I would of done this long time ago!
  10. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Here ya go. Last race I pulled clutch with one finger and hand never go tired. It let my other four fingers on the grip. Also, disengages clutch with Raptor lever so I can start in gear.
  11. Yaron C Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250 2010
    Hi Guys,
    I'm having the same issue with my WR250 2010. Does the Raptor lever can work with the original clutch cable? I just got a new one and would hate to throw it away...
    Thanks