1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Wr 300 Power

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by patrickaqefd, Apr 17, 2013.

1. patrickaqefd Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    crf20x
    I will check the compression tonight just to make sure it isn't low, however low compression would not cause a bog but could possibly explain low power. And also have a look at the colour of the plug while i am there.
    I do ride up and down a little in altitude. So im still not 100% sure on what option i will go for. At the moment it will either be a Lectron. Or a JD jetting PWK.
    I haven't experienced any other problems with my old bikes carbies, doing the same type of riding.
    Thanks
  2. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    I BELIEVE YOU WOULD BE BETTER SERVED BY HAVING A LECTRON ON YOUR BIKE. I HAVE OWNED BOTH MIKUNI AND KEIHIN WITH ALL THE HOT MODS DONE TO THEM BY DICKS RACING AND RB MODS AND THE LECTRON AS SET FROM THE FACTORY FLAT BLOWS BOTH OF THEM AWAY! MY FIRST RIDE WAS FROM 500 ASL TO 3000 ASL BIKE RAN PERFECT AND LUGGED LOWER THAN A CAT DOZER ALSO GOT 30 MPG WITH SPEED AVG OF 5 TO 15 MPH. JUST MY 2 CENTS.
    lankydoug and patrickaqefd like this.
  3. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Wow is that anger or did your kid superglue the cap lock button down haha ;)
    Jubes and shawbagga like this.
  4. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    :cheers:
    I'M AT WORK AND MY SOFTWARE REQUIRES ME TO BE IN CAPS ALL THE TIME.i GET TO TYPING AND FORGET THAT THE CAPS ARE LOCKED. NO ANGER HERE BRO.
  5. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Haha just goofin. Cracked me up.
    Now ya got me wonderin what kind of software youre usin
  6. patrickaqefd Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    crf20x
    The other thing i have noticed as not much smoke comes out of the muffler, the muffler is dry inside. Not wet and not even the slightest trace of oil around the inside of the muffler.
    I reckon the thing is jetted way to lean, i hope it hasn't damaged the motor at all.
  7. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    stop the yellin tim, me kids are asleep damn it! stop bludgin at work as well mate
    454x likes this.
  8. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Every Mikuni I ever check had a high float level and as they wear it gets worse. You DON'T want gas spilling all over the place. If it leaks a little tipped over stationary then imagine how much gas spills out when you are riding hard?

On the old TMX carbs I lowered the float level from like 16mm to 20mm and the bikes ran more consistent and my fuel mileage went WAAAAAY up....like from 16mpg to 20mpg. The gas leaks stopped too. you may have to increase the pilot if you lower the fuel level......especially if your bike is running lean to begin with.

Of course the PWK is much better still.
  9. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    if yer leaned in a corner it's gona piddle a bit unless you are WFO with a high load/rev count. its a compromise.

patrick. start with the basics as ive suggested please. if you are not 100% sure of whats going on with this system take it in....its not hard to do, it's methodical and explained in detail elswhere should you DIY, esp in common topics. just be careful and start rich then trim to safe settings SLOWLY, one circuit at a time.