1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR 300 Swithching ignition map. How?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

ray_ray and pvduke like this.
  2. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    damn jonny, yer benching twice what i weigh! :eek:....maybe i should be nicer to you...and buy you more lunches!

id be suprised if the timing was off. but let me know what ya find! if it specs ok then try a smaller start jet if you have one. if not go out 1/4 turn on the AS, then 1/2 turn and see if it gets easier. if leaning it makes it easier to start, ride it and check the plug, if its ok yer done. if turning the AS out makes it easier to start and yer out more than 1.75 turns on the AS your PJ might be too big. the reason i say this is with the TMX i had to go rich on the bottom to cover the lean #8 jet nozzle and GAY needle. i got the #9 jet nozzle with the JD kit and went from a 45 PJ to a 32.5 PJ. starts right up now. that needle, nozzle combo works. the carb is efficient now and has a much larger tuning window. braaap!
    Dirtdame likes this.
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm a nice guy and you don't live next door, so don't worry my friend:=)! Ok, i try to lean it out on the airscrew, but i feel that it runs high on idle on choke when it's cold, which tells me it's quite lean on the pilot. I had no problems with my 2010 300 with the same carb and jetting, but i'll try anyway!
  4. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    ok mr. mannen you know the drill, be careful, one thing at a time. little bits here an there...i know you know what to do!

also- if the PJ is too small your AS will be turned out less than 1.0 turns in order to prevent a runaway idle ging-ging-ging-GING-GINGGINGINGING!
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Oh sheepdip, I wish I had read this before I shelled out 300 smackers on a Lectron. My Mikuni ran pretty decent (just a bit rich off the bottom), except for the hard starting. The hard to start trait is ONLY thing that I need to cure.
  6. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    you made a wise choice dirtygirly. the Lectron will increase your MPG substantially over the #8 nozzle and GAY needle and the dlr supplied dirty jets set up. i went with the JD as it was most cost effective for me right now, its much better now cold start but if ya dont boot it right it still takes a couple swats to clear it out if ya pop stall it hot etc etc etc. but the Lectron is the way to go you wont regret it one bit its tons more efficient everywhere. ive had them on other bikes and the MPG went WAY up. Lectron is on my long list.
  7. broken biker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1994 TE 610 2012 WR 300
    kick back is a faulty stator.check spark.on my wr it was 3 good sparks,3 weak,3 no spark etc etc.my 2012 wr300 had same prob.not even push start down biggest hill would get it started sometimes
  8. broken biker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1994 TE 610 2012 WR 300
    reading your past posts u dont need jetting tips,you r tech savy,check spark quality.my 2012 300 had a faulty stator.
  9. broken biker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1994 TE 610 2012 WR 300
    it was a warranty fix.insist on husky fixing.i pushed hard to get them to repair.the faulty stator has the sparky firing at wrong time causing kick back & engine damage.mine seized 3 times in <600km.all warranty repaired.get ignition fixed b4 engine damage
  10. broken biker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1994 TE 610 2012 WR 300
    cold start;fuel on,lean over till carb overflows,choke,lean forward,kick back & down
  11. broken biker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1994 TE 610 2012 WR 300
    p.s. with standard carb