1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR clutch fade

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MOTORHEAD, Apr 27, 2011.

1. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    That's what l did when l installed my MSR raptor lever, three test rides up and down the street to get the correct amount of free play from both the lever and push rod 1) Clutch slippage because l had 1mm of pushrod freeplay, 2) Readjust pushrod again becuase l had zero play at the clutch lever end when l adjusted the lever to the correct position and 3) Exactly as you described adjusted the lever to the position I like it to be (lever closer to the grip), three turns out on the clutch lever adjuster and then take up the slack at the pushrod end.

The clutch pull feel's like a hydraulic clutch now and 1000x better response than the old setup (e.g feathering) .. so long as l lube the cable with silicone spray (CRC, Inox and WD attracts too much dust)...whooohooo!!
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yeah, it makes a difference. And a good cable luber is a good investment on a WR.
  3. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Thanks for posting that motorhead. I'm going to adjust mine and see if it improves.... which I think it will.
    Sounds similar to how Banshee clutches get adjusted.
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Hope it works for you.
  5. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    6 months later......

Thanks for posting this!
    I finally got tired of the sloppy shifting on my wr and adjusted it as you described and it feels mucho better. I dont have to drag the lever all the way to the bars to get to the engagement point anymore and it makes things feel more lively. I like it :thumbsup:

It's still dropping out of 2ng gear once in a while and the 1-2 shift feels funky, so I assume that's the star shifter mechanism behind the clutch working loose. But that's no fault of the clutch. Thanks again.
  6. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Good deal, glad it worked.
  7. MR54L Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Oil will cause this problem every time
  8. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

I am still running my stock plates in my 07 and have ridden tight stuff since new and never had a problem, I would say I have over 200 hours on the bike. I would say I abuse the clutch too as far as set up goes I just run my adjustment how I like the feel, guide lines are only guide lines.
    I also run 2.5 weight oil in my forks:eek:
  9. no e-button Husqvarna

1. I was hanging around the red bull tent at a Budd’s Creek race about 8 years ago and one of the mechanics told me that a little trick they use. They mix the recommended oil with automobile automatic transmission fluid at a 50/50 mix..I did this with my 2000 KTM 300 for years and never replaced the clutch or experienced any fade at all.