1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc wr125 dyno testing

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by gsxr1000user, Sep 24, 2010.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I just installed a new top end in the 144 after a year of flogging. It wasn't that bad by any means but I feel better doing it. You will get the entire top end including top end bearing as it is new too and will bolt right up.
  2. gsxr1000user Husqvarna
    AA Class

Walt, is your top end the factory stuff? Think that is about the only one I would want to test. Timeframe? Does anyone know if any other make(ktm, Yamaha) rear wheel might be close. Or does anyone have a somewhat junk rear wheel I could buy cheep to mount the street tire. Does not even need a brake rotor as I am pushing the piston in to reduce drag. Would prefer an 18 so I can use the same tire.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I wish I could. I have to work so my son and a few of his friends will be leaving Friday morning and staying until Monday. He will be taking the 2010 GasGas 300 I just gave him to see how well it does; lucky dogs!
  4. gsxr1000user Husqvarna
    AA Class

I can still hook them up with a ride way better than Hatfields on the weekend. Don't need to pay anything to do it either. Just about 20min. from downtown Charleston.
  5. gsxr1000user Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not fireroads

Attached Files:

• 045.jpg
      045.jpg
      File size:
      99.3 KB
      Views:
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

It is EG but I opted for no porting work so it would retain stock port timing. Looking at picks of the OEM 144 jug it is identical. It has the 144 power valves versus the modified ones that I cut. Mine definitely add more bottom but caused a little loss in the lower mid versus the stock grind from Husky. I think you would need to change pipe timing to make mine work better so I have shelved them. Compression with the EG head is identical to what the 125 was stock ~175 and the squish is pretty wide just like stock at ~.060. Let me know as I think they are very comparable.
  7. gsxr1000user Husqvarna
    AA Class

Are the 144 power valves the same cut as the update kit ones in my 09wr? We all know the EG is the price king of the two. And that just opens up more debate? Man, we should be riding and not messin with these things sooo much.
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Damn near the same except they have been cut for the bigger bore. The 125 valves will stick into the cylinder. I realize that changing top ends is a further PITA when all we want to do is ride so don't feel obligated at all as sooner or later we will get a 144/150 dyno chart.
  9. gsxr1000user Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yea, but not on the same dyno so apples and oranges to a degree. Most dyno(dynojet)are inertia and usually are fugged to the high side. Pretty well known tactic used by them to sell jet kits in the 80's.
  10. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    I'd like to see the TMXX/RM NEEDLE/144 KIT to see if we can beat the 38.9 horse of the KTM 150.
  11. gsxr1000user Husqvarna
    AA Class

That ktm would not put that down on these rollers. I am not saying it's not strong but I am sure that is dynojet inertia "horsepower". Dynojet stuff seems to always be high in NUMBERS. The magazines are not showing what type of dyno they are using and if its the same one time after time. We can plug correction factors into the computer that would sway the readings anyway we want but go by a conservative factor; maybe even too conservative. I have a tire on the way for my yz125 for some sort of benchmark. A friend also has an 08 ktm144sx that we may put up for another compairison. Got the CR ignition today and will be trying some stuff but first a little timing with the stock wr setup as most will not change. I could use some help as this stuff takes up alot of time!