1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc wr125 or crf250x

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jacob280zx, Nov 25, 2012.

1. jacob280zx Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda xr200r
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The WR's didn't have frame problems. It does have the rads with the spigots on the outsides where they get mashed by the pipe, etc. It is always a battle to keep the pipe from hitting the shock reservoir. The frame really sticks out where it goes out to pick up the pegs and tends to hit every rock in a tight rock garden. The 09 WR's were really hit or miss when running in stock form. The old WR ignition didn't help this. The problem with buying a used 09 WR is that if none of these things have been addressed you will need to sink some money in to get the bike where you want it. On my '12 I am always cringing when riding through tight rocks and downed trees and still get surprised when I don't hit anything. 3+ years on the 09 is hard to overcome. On the other hand I really like the CC 50 zokes once they have been re-valved that come on the 09. The open chamber KYB's on the newer WR's are ok and good when re-valved but aren't in the same overall league of the re-valved zoke's. I don't have any experience with the CC KYB's on the CR's but expect them to be very good when valved for the rider.
  3. jacob280zx Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda xr200r
    what should I look for in a good 09?
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

A lot depends on what you are going to do with it. If you are going to go to 144 or better yet 165 then the ignition is "ok". If you are going to leave as a 125 then I would sudgest converting to a CR ignition. The rads really need to be converted to any other year of 125 so the spigots are on the inside. The shock reservoir you just have to deal with the tight fit on the pipe. The tank is realllllly small stock so expect to invest in a bigger tank. Everything else on the bike is pretty bullet proof or easily repaired or re-worked for you. I have to say that there are enough later year models that have the issues dealt with for the same money that I would go that way. Better yet you can find new '12's for sale for less than you will spend on the used 09 getting it up to snuff.
  5. jacob280zx Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda xr200r
    I found a 2010 cr 150 for $900 more do you think it would be better to get that instead because I've also read that the cr is alright for trails.
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It's better than alright it's AWESOME! I have the 2008 CR :D.
  7. jacob280zx Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda xr200r
    john what type of trails do you ride cause i found an 08 for $2500 with handguards and a skid plate. Also how far can you go on a tank
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I ride a mix of outer loop which is FAST 4-5 gear stuff and a little bit of single track and honestly I have no idea on fuel mileage or how far I can go. I think my bike has a 2.4 gallon tank but I can't even remember that. I ride MX too and I usuall fill up when I get there and make it all day hitting reserve once in a while. I do take a lot of breaks and talk as much as I ride LOL so keep that in mind. Ajaxauto rides/races a 08 125 and can fill you in on the mileage range.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Depends on the rider but 40 -55 miles usually. The 04-08 CR125's had the best motors IMHO. The 09 and up new frame handles slightly better and i like the ergonomics better than the 05-08 too. If you find a real clean 04 CR125 which they sold lots of them that year those are good bikes as well.